Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's next for Alex Gordon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
So, would K.C. get draft pick compensation for losing him ? That could be key too, in K.C.'s decision.

Any other teams looking hard at him ? I could see him doing well in S.F. or St. Louis.

We would receive a 1st round pick, should he sign elsewhere. That would make me ecstatic. Use the money in better ways. Gordo misses a lot of time, on the DL. He's at that age where it'll only get worse. He was our #8 hitter, and we did fine with a platoon of dyson and Orlando, while he was out for a large chunk of the season.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I wont pretend that I know what they'll do....are they gonna go after Johnny Cueto too?

My understanding is that they will not go after Cueto. More likely a guy like iwakuma. Starting pitching is a huge priority. They did well, with what they had, this year. Vargas will return at some point, and they have Medlen as well.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
So, would K.C. get draft pick compensation for losing him ? That could be key too, in K.C.'s decision.

Any other teams looking hard at him ? I could see him doing well in S.F. or St. Louis.

The Royals have to offer Gordon a qualifying offer ($15.8 million) if they want a pick in case Gordon signs elsewhere. And also, is no longer a first round pick but a supplementary round pick.

Members online