Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 BBWAA HOF Ballot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
But I think you guys are shooting very high with your 95% totals.

I don't think it will be that high.

You know there are going to be writers out there who will hold injuries against him.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I will be disappointed if Griffey doesn't break the all-time % record. With very few legitimate challengers I think he could do it.

My absolute favorite player of all-time.
If you were a 10-14 year old boy during that 1991-1996 time frame then he was the 90's.
Teal and navy with a backwards hat. Damn that guy was smooth. He had IT. Something I still think a guy like Trout is lacking.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Griffey for sure, that's easy. Hoffman's numbers are certainly worthy but did playing in San Diego and never winning a championship hurt him?

I also say Piazza for returning players.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SamHill

Feb 15, 2015
TX
Griffey, Piazza and Hoffman. Raines maybe someday. Trammel as well. Back in the day, him and Sweet Lou turning the double play. Awesome combo.

Last edited:

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Griffey, Piazza and Hoffman. Raines maybe someday. Trammel as well. Back in the day, him and Sweet Lou turning the double play. Awesome combo.

This is Trammels last time on ballot. They were a great DP combo but not Hall-worthy.

Also McGwires last time on ballot.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SamHill

Feb 15, 2015
TX
This is Trammels last time on ballot. They were a great DP combo but not Hall-worthy.

Also McGwires last time on ballot.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yeah, I'm aware. My guess is McGwire, Trammel and Whitaker all get put into the hall by the veterans committee.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Piazza and Griffey get in with Schilling seeing the biggest jump. Griffey Jr unfortunately won't come close to breaking the induction percentage. If anyone has a chance it will probably be Jeets.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Nolan Ryan
Tom Seaver
Cal Ripken
George Brett

I'll take Griffey every single time.

I hear you, as Griffey Jr. was an incredible player. Looking at the list as a whole, I think he falls around where R. Jackson ended up in percentage. I just do not see placing him above all the rest, not that it really matters at all except for baseball nerds like us.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Wasn't Hoffman Mo before Mo was Mo? Granted, I didn't follow his career, but I thought he was pretty spectacular for the position of closer.
I hope no one saying Hoffman won't go first ballot also says that Mo will.

I will be that guy. Hoffman will be a HOF'er but the first to do it on the 1st ballot will be reserved for Rivera.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I hear you, as Griffey Jr. was an incredible player. Looking at the list as a whole, I think he falls around where R. Jackson ended up in percentage. I just do not see placing him above all the rest, not that it really matters at all except for baseball nerds like us.

Oh I think there will be old curmudgeons that simply leave him off because it's what they do.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Wasn't Hoffman Mo before Mo was Mo? Granted, I didn't follow his career, but I thought he was pretty spectacular for the position of closer.
I hope no one saying Hoffman won't go first ballot also says that Mo will.

I would take Rivera over Hoffman (even as a Padre homer), but I do hope the voters don't cast a ballot for Trevor simply so Mariano can go in first.

Members online