Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I'll be there both tomorrow and Sunday this year. Only line that I am going to hit on Friday night is Hughes/May/Santana/Arcia, and will hopefully be able to get through it 2 times. Will be hitting several more lines on Sunday when I am there with my girlfriend. My plan tomorrow is to get there sometime between 2 and 3 and hopefully try and make it over to the yard sale first thing. I'm sure most of the dealers will be there earlier than that, but I figured the earlier I can at least take a look at things the better this year. If I remember correctly, the best gate to line up at to get to the yard sale quickly is the skyway level correct?

On another note, if anybody going tomorrow has extra tickets for Friday or Sunday I am still looking to buy. If not I will just buy them at the box office when I get there tomorrow.

Hey Tom, I have two for Sunday I would be willing to get to you today. They were free from my brother (free to him as a season ticket holder) so I won't charge you much for them. :p do you have my #? I think I still have yours. 763-249-xxxx?

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Hey Tom, I have two for Sunday I would be willing to get to you today. They were free from my brother (free to him as a season ticket holder) so I won't charge you much for them. :p do you have my #? I think I still have yours. 763-249-xxxx?

Greg, that would be awesome! Just let me know whatever you need for them. It doesn't look like I have your number saved from last year for some reason, but the number you have for me is correct. Just shoot me a text sometime today and we can meet up, I will probably get there around 2:00.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Will do, Tom. Heading straight for the door, or meeting at Hubert's first?

I think I will see how the lines are looking when I get there and decide if I will head into Hubert's or not. I want to try and go to the yard sale right away this year before everything is completely picked over, but with that not opening until 4:30 and wanting to get through a 5:30 line 2 times it might be tough if I am not pretty close to the front of the yard sale line.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
I was thinking about skipping the yard sale altogether this year. though I have found a few goodies in the past (Justin Morneau autographs for $1--that was nice) really wasn't going to worry about it much. But never say never. I may jump in if I can catch a short wait time.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I was thinking about skipping the yard sale altogether this year. though I have found a few goodies in the past (Justin Morneau autographs for $1--that was nice) really wasn't going to worry about it much. But never say never. I may jump in if I can catch a short wait time.

If I am able to get in there before the 5:30 autograph session and there is anything in particular you are looking for I can take a look for you!

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
That is usually more like "if I happen to find something I like" kind of place for me. Not really looking for any jerseys or hats in particular. Never anything Gaetti in there, but if there is, I'll always jump on that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
For those heading to TwinsFest today, enjoy. I will be there with the family on Sunday doing whatever the kids want to do.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
Is this the first year they're opening the yard sale after doors open? Doors at 4, sale at 4:30.

I'm pretty sure they did it last year too. I'm guessing this is their response to dealers grabbing stuff before doors opened and having up for resale the first year at TF. It really doesn't stop that but what it does guarantee is that the yard sale line will be huge for a very long time.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
I'm not looking to pick up either of these, but I'm curious, is there a variation of the 1983 Fritsch Visalia Oaks Kirby Puckett card, or is there something funky here with the non-graded card...

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 4.01.43 PM.png

The card on the left popped up on eBay today and has a green box on the back and thinner text for "Fritsch Cards."
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Fritsch-Visalia-Oaks-KIRBY-PUCKETT-Rookie-Card-RC-Twins-Minor-League-PSA-/361488397295?hash=item542a6333ef:g:4kkAAOSwG-1WvNT2

The card on the right is a PSA graded version on eBay, thicker "Fritsch cards" and a black box.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LowPOP-KIRBY-PUCKETT-1983-Fritsch-PSA-10-rarer-than-1985-Topps-Tiffany-pop-40-/371543684252?hash=item5681bab49c:g:1LEAAOSwoydWrBf~

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
New Gaetti auto pick up!

On an OAL ball. I have several other Gaetti autos on the Sweet Spot on non-official balls and an 87 World Series below the logo, but this is actually my first AL ball for the Gaetti collection. Got it for under $20 shipped, and am very pleased!

Also, here's something to show. Not so much of a pick up, as a nice find. My sister-in-law is moving from Madison, WI and we spent part of the weekend helping her load up her POD with furniture and boxes. She was going through a box of photos and came across these. They are dated 1969 on the back.

Top left photo is marked "Bosville" on the back, but must mean Dave Boswell. But that profile looks like Jim Kaat to me.
Second photo is unmistakably...Billy Martin.
Third photo is labeled "Worthington, Martin." Must be Worthington facing the camera, with Martin to the right. Doesn't look like Martin to me there--too fat! I don't know who wore 44 for the Twins in 1969, either. So put your Twins Detective powers to work and figure out who the mystery players are!

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Obviously, talking about the Twins is not very popular these days. :D

So I will post yet another Gaetti auto pick up. Completed the rainbow from last year's Prizm autos. Got the gold for less than what the seller wanted (way overpriced, anyway) and for an auto #/10, I figured to make an offer just over half his asking, so I wouldn't appear to be low-balling him, and not get it at all.

Checkered & Camo #/149
Tie Dye #/50, RWB #/25 Gold #10

Please tell me there's no 1/1 out there!

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Greg-

What's your view on card manufacturers that are not able to show him in a Twin's JSY? That's always been one of my pet peeves! I love collecting Twin's but don't like the generic JSY displayed on the cards.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Any twins fans interested in any of this?

Oswaldo Arcia hat from 2013
1462847657777.jpg

Jordan Schafer BP hat
1462847695338.jpg

Trevor Plouffe foul ball from a game he had a walk off hit in the bottom of the 10th
1462847760000.jpg

Phil hughes game used and signed locker tag
1462847791647.jpg

Also have some other stuff just no pictures on my phone-
Ben Revere game used cleats from Beloit
Mike Redmond game used bat
Shannon Stewart game used and signed bat from Oakland
Brendan Harris game used bat
Alex Meyer signed OMLB
Jamey Carroll signed OMLB mlb authenticated
Denard Span signed jersey with Metrodome patch, PSA authenticated
Danny Santana 8x10
Kennys Vargas 8x10
Max Kepler 8x10 in black
Chris Colabello 8x10
Denard Span 8x10
Scott Diamond 8x10
and I'm sure I got more stuff somewhere too

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Got a Johan in the mail today that has long eluded me!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 05 Skybox Autographics Signatures Game Patch Gold #ed 4 of 5.jpg
    05 Skybox Autographics Signatures Game Patch Gold #ed 4 of 5.jpg
    727.5 KB · Views: 58

Members online