Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My son's box had ZERO hits!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
My son bought a blaster retail box of Panini Contenders Football and it was supposed to have two autos. My son went to the last two packs and said "well they are in these two packs" and then NOTHING. The look on his face after the first pack was like WOW I didn't get an auto so maybe the next pack has something good....then WHAT THE...Really felt bad for him at that point. He bought the box at a show where they were discounted to $15. And guess what, you don't get receipts at shows! Ughhh..He gets rewarded every once in a while for his good grades to keep him on his toes. I really feel bad because he was really looking forward to a couple pulls granted retail doesn't have the best autos but sometimes you get a nice hit especially when the rookies aren't drafted high and you get a later round guy that is a stud. How will Panini believe me on this when I open the request on their site? Anyone can say this and unfortunately people ruin it for others. I know this is a football discussion but it has a better chance getting help on the baseball thread. Thank you everyone....

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Since it was a retail box, does the box have "2 autographs per box on average" or "2 autographs guaranteed"? Panini and UD are infamous for putting the "on average" language on their retail boxes. I've opened many retail boxes where I was expecting an autograph or relic and got neither. Also check to make sure the shrink wrap that was on the box has panini printed on it. If not, the possibility that box was purchased, autos found and stuffed back with packs without autographs.

Fordman

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
I have to check the shrink wrap when I get home to see if it says Panini. What a crap thing to do to reseal a retail box. Thank you for your response.

Since it was a retail box, does the box have "2 autographs per box on average" or "2 autographs guaranteed"? Panini and UD are infamous for putting the "on average" language on their retail boxes. I've opened many retail boxes where I was expecting an autograph or relic and got neither. Also check to make sure the shrink wrap that was on the box has panini printed on it. If not, the possibility that box was purchased, autos found and stuffed back with packs without autographs.

Fordman

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I could be wrong but if I remember correctly the 2014 Panini Contenders Football retail boxes had some "on average" language, I was on a football kick at the time and they were fun to open. It could be different in your case but in my experience a $15 box with two guaranteed auto's smells a bit fishy (could be resealed too like someone said). Way, way too much greed and dishonesty on the part of the big companies in the hobby as well as the crooks you encounter every so often. Between PayPal, eBay, Topps...so many bad stories.

Jul 22, 2016
I was looking at a blaster of 2016 Contenders and it does show 2 autographs on average. Thats how they get you. So pretty much it guarantees nothing, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I recomend sending in the box UPC and maybe a wrapper or two back to them with a nice letter saying what is wrong. Cant hurt...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I remember buying a box of NFL pro line in 1995, first product I ever remember that boasted one auto per box. Of course that was based on seeding across the entire print run. I was devastated when my box didn't have an autograph. I remember the same thought process, "these last couple of packs are going to be awesome". Sorry to hear about the misfortune.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I did a Google search and the images do show to word "2 autographs on average" so I'm willing to bet he didn't get the average box. Is your son in to baseball at all, if so what team? I'll see if I can help him out.

Fordman

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
Fordman he is a huge Washington Nationals fan. He loves Harper. Sad to say that he will be upset when he goes to the Yankees in 2018! I won't tell him that though...Thank you for your kindness. PM me if you have any Nats. And to answer the previous question the shrink wrap on the box says Panini and the bottom was sealed and he opened the top so it was not searched. But at least on average can mean ONE auto? Right?

I did a Google search and the images do show to word "2 autographs on average" so I'm willing to bet he didn't get the average box. Is your son in to baseball at all, if so what team? I'll see if I can help him out.

Fordman

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Fordman he is a huge Washington Nationals fan. He loves Harper. Sad to say that he will be upset when he goes to the Yankees in 2018! I won't tell him that though...Thank you for your kindness. PM me if you have any Nats. And to answer the previous question the shrink wrap on the box says Panini and the bottom was sealed and he opened the top so it was not searched. But at least on average can mean ONE auto? Right?

I feel you on the box could of at least had one auto in it. Kinda like as a kid, opening up the cereal box for the prize and it's not in there.

I have some Nat's cards he can have. PM me your address and I'll send them out to him. Not sure if there is an auto in there but I'll check my trade stash.

Fordman

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
Still no response from Panini from eight days ago. I left two messages. They said they call back usually in 48 hours. My son asks me everyday after school. I have no update for him. I tell him that's life and get used to it. Life doesn't revolve around cards. And then I felt bad for saying it.

Apr 13, 2014
Honestly that's probably the right lesson to teach him. . . its either getting screwed by the company or by a seller. Getting something good like a Methuselah RC doesn't happen every day.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tumblr_malsilkoV11rcd9h1o1_400.png
    tumblr_malsilkoV11rcd9h1o1_400.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 78

Members online

Latest posts