Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Books Dale Murphy for it's booth at the 2014 National

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
FCB Books Dale Murphy for it's booth at the 2014 National

This one is a bit personal for me, as Dale is my childhood hero. As an adult he's still one of the few athletes that I would get really excited for if they were doing a signing. When the possibilities for names at the booth for this years show turned up this was the ONLY choice for me. Derek Jeter himself could have been on the list.... ok maybe not but still you get the point.

16b0760755a8eaab6b29dcf3c4026342.jpg

booth.jpg

FCB Will be located in booth 447, directly across from the Topps company in a 25" x 25" space and will feature a WIDE array of dealers as its feature attraction. There will be several board members set up and selling cards at our booth. We still have some space left, so drop me a line if you are interested in joining us.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
So what does that mean? he is signing autographs or he is working along side you to promote the site or both? Is it a certain time or the entire show? Never been to a National, so I don't know the routine.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Congratulations, Chris. This is awesome news, both for you personally, and for FCB! Wish I could be there this year, but it wasn't meant to be.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Amazing news! Murphy was a really great player! Besides Mantle, Maris, Bonds, Berra, Banks, Morgan, Thomas, Newhouser, Schmidt and Foxx, Murphy was probably the greatest back-to-back MVP winner of all-time!

*Edit to add picture of a poster I have had since I was a kid:
IMG_2108_zpsa26eb6ad.jpg

Last edited:

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Chris,

Since I'm over here in Japan, could I send you a card to get signed? Would be awesome if I could get a pic of him holding it too. If this is possible, I'd be in for an auto.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
What is the time frame for him to be there? Is it an all day thing or selected hours? Auto's cost anything or free? More info needed. Also, now would be the time to promote on the forum with a banner letting people know he's coming. I used to have an ebay banner with my preferences showing up, but that has disappeared.

Fordman

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
That is really cool. Murphy was such a great player, very underrated.

The map you posted has you in the wrong location though!

Also did anyone else notice that leafs booth is 25x the size of topps?

I really need to go to one of these.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Yeah. We moved booths to get two isles
This may be that "cryptic" response that [MENTION=1900]Austin[/MENTION] was talking about. It "feels" like you have no interest in any other response, question or comment in YOUR thread. It "feels" like you randomly chose one post and responded to it, no quotes. I get that you said early in this thread that you'd post info soon, but just feels apathetic towards the members. [MENTION=1900]Austin[/MENTION] can correct me if I'm wrong for what he was thinking, but I had a similar feeling, and this is an example. Maybe you've just always been like this, and it only stands out now because "traffic is down, interest is down"...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This may be that "cryptic" response that @Austin was talking about. It "feels" like you have no interest in any other response, question or comment in YOUR thread. It "feels" like you randomly chose one post and responded to it, no quotes. I get that you said early in this thread that you'd post info soon, but just feels apathetic towards the members. @Austin can correct me if I'm wrong for what he was thinking, but I had a similar feeling, and this is an example. Maybe you've just always been like this, and it only stands out now because "traffic is down, interest is down"...
Oh shut up. Don't bring your daily sarcastic fail-humor garbage into this positive thread. The other thread and responses has nothing to do with this one. And I don't know why you keep quoting "feels" as I never wrote that.

Anyway, what a score to get Dale Murphy at the FCB booth! He was one of my favorites as a kid and it would be cool to have a picture taken with him.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Oh shut up. Don't bring your daily sarcastic fail-humor garbage into this positive thread. The other thread and responses has nothing to do with this one. And I don't know why you keep quoting "feels" as I never wrote that.

Anyway, what a score to get Dale Murphy at the FCB booth! He was one of my favorites as a kid and it would be cool to have a picture taken with him.

Failed humor? I wasn't trying to be humorous. I was agreeing with your post in another thread and using this as an example. You are the only person I have ever blocked and recently took you off my list for some reason, so don't bother responding as you'll be back on my list...::facepalm::

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Failed humor? I wasn't trying to be humorous. I was agreeing with your post in another thread and using this as an example. You are the only person I have ever blocked and recently took you off my list for some reason, so don't bother responding as you'll be back on my list...::facepalm::
Now you're being funny. LOL.

Members online