Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oscar Taveras 2012 Chrome Missing Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Was just sorting out base Taveras's from the few boxes I had bought. Ran across this gem, I know there were a few of these around release. Think there is any chance Topps would or could replace it with an Auto'd version?
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371092993.859902.jpg

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
I am curious what Topps will tell you about this card. Since I bought all of mine and did not pull them from packs Topps said they will not replace them but since you got yours from a pack it shouldn't be a problem.

I have been able to collect about 10 of these errors and have seen at least that many I was not able to get.

Right now I am trying to get them acknowledged by Beckett as errors because that is what they seem to be.

Did you pull this card from a regular pack or a jumbo pack? The ones I have all seemed to have come from jumbo packs.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
For what it's worth, if you get this graded, they sell for equal if not more than autographed versions. I would not be so quick to try and get it replaced.

I for one would be very interested.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I have been able to collect about 10 of these errors and have seen at least that many I was not able to get.
Right now I am trying to get them acknowledged by Beckett as errors because that is what they seem to be.
Why would Beckett acknowledge them as errors, which would presumably be worth more?
Anyone could carefully rub off the signature with a non-abrasive solution and clean it well enough to make it look like it was not signed.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
topps must be aware that people are now erasing autos off these cards. I cant see topps doing much for anyone with one

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
No traction with Topps on it. I can understand why the wouldn't replace the, but sure wish they would. I am glad that I didn't purchase the card on the secondary market though.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
No traction with Topps on it. I can understand why the wouldn't replace the, but sure wish they would. I am glad that I didn't purchase the card on the secondary market though.

If you would like I can put you in touch with someone who is talking to Topps about these very cards and is helping me with mine.

I don't feel comfortable posting to much information here because of how some people act but I will email you all the details and I am sure he will be able to help you if you would like.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I am curious what Topps will tell you about this card. Since I bought all of mine and did not pull them from packs Topps said they will not replace them but since you got yours from a pack it shouldn't be a problem.

Did you pull this card from a regular pack or a jumbo pack? The ones I have all seemed to have come from jumbo packs.

You do understand why Topps could/would never acknowledge this card as a error, no?

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
You do understand why Topps could/would never acknowledge this card as a error, no?

I guess then they would have to admit to a mistake and they don't want to do that?

Why wouldn't Beckett acknowledge them as errors? They seem to fit all the criteria needed for an error card.

I have more info about these cards and what Topps has been saying but I am hesitant to post because of how others have acted in other threads.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I guess then they would have to admit to a mistake and they don't want to do that?

Why wouldn't Beckett acknowledge them as errors? They seem to fit all the criteria needed for an error card.

I have more info about these cards and what Topps has been saying but I am hesitant to post because of how others have acted in other threads.

Because anyone could just wipe off the auto on a regular one and bang, another 'rare' non-auto variation....

It would be fruitless.

Members online