Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps censoring some MLB logos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Coincidentally, the picture in the column is a Jose Ramirez Indians card from 2017 Archives. Topps used two photos on the front of the card with Ramirez wearing either a Wahoo cap or helmet. In the column, they cropped the card to try to hide that. I get that they use the block C on the design, but Topps could have easily eliminated Wahoo entirely. I'm surprised the writers couldn't find a better example to illustrate this.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
go figure from a company that couldn't put out a Barack Obama set fast enough in 2009 but hasn't done a Trump set.

!Bs)2qNgCWk~$(KGrHqUH-D0EvD2f824TBL5WK4o2Jg~~_35.JPG

1990-Bush-cards-with-coating.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Reagan.jpg

s-l300.jpg

main_1482868799-Bill-Clinton-Bob-Dole-Signed-2008-Topps-Historical-Campaign-Match-Ups-1996-PSA-Encapsulated-PristineAuction.com.jpg

You have exposed their true, nefariously fueled, partisan agenda.

seinfeld-eye-roll.gif

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Yeah, they've been doing that for the whole year, and MLB itself has been doing it for who knows how long. Chief Wahoo is the baseball equivalent of flying a Confederate flag, didn't think that was a controversial subject in the year 2017.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Ever seen Drumpf throw a baseball? Like everything else he does, straight trash. He doesn't deserve a baseball card, though Topps does make plenty of Garbage Pail Kids cards of him.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I think you mean Benchwarmer. Decision 2016 has been relatively satisfying where Topps refuses to give #45 the time of day that they gave to #44.

And why should they? An incredibly unpopular president, whose supporters in general aren't interested in cards, in a card market that long ago was over-saturated with political cards makes for a very easy decision for Topps. It's nothing more than good old American capitalism.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
And why should they? An incredibly unpopular president, whose supporters in general aren't interested in cards, in a card market that long ago was over-saturated with political cards makes for a very easy decision for Topps. It's nothing more than good old American capitalism.

I agree 100%. I actually voted for Trump in the general election (couldn't get past the free college, $15 minimum wage push, and gun platform, etc.). IMO, the Dems had the worst candidate (and platform) in modern history. Anyways, everyone should be entitled to their opinions withot personal ridicule, regardless of their political or religious affiliations, just as Topps has a right to not produce a card honoring Trump. It's their company, and I honestly can't blame them in the current political climate. On the original point of PCISM at Topps and of today's PC culture, it's kind of sad where we're at - way too PC.

Members online

Latest posts