Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Mets should bring up Tebow in September

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Whoa, wait a sec here, am I nuts??

I'm gonna put on my totally fake GM hat and say that this should happen.

Why you ask?

The Mets look like they'll be totally out of it by then and assuming attendance will tank, why not use him as a drawing card?

Look, his numbers certainly won't be worthy and the team would be foolish to say otherwise, but they also won't just come out and say it's an attendance push either.

Instead, they can spin it in a way like he deserves it or the fans want him and the team is out of contention, etc etc.

What say you?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I'm old fashioned when it comes to this. Players in their system have been dogging it for 5 years in the minors and have never sniffed the show. I ask myself one question when a players is promoted to the majors. Did they deserve it? Granted Tebow has proved many of us wrong, but the Mets shouldn't promote him just to put bums in the seats. They need to think about creating a positive culture long term for their players. I know I'd be pissed as a player if I've been a loyal employee for the past 5 years, hit near .300 every year and some celebrity gets promoted over me.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm old fashioned when it comes to this. Players in their system have been dogging it for 5 years in the minors and have never sniffed the show. I ask myself one question when a players is promoted to the majors. Did they deserve it? Granted Tebow has proved many of us wrong, but the Mets shouldn't promote him just to put bums in the seats. They need to think about creating a positive culture long term for their players. I know I'd be pissed as a player if I've been a loyal employee for the past 5 years, hit near .300 every year and some celebrity gets promoted over me.

100% agree. If he is promoted to the majors that means someone else isn't.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Should MLB teams resort to "stunts" for some coverage and ticket sales? They are a Billion dollar team, the revenue boost for a month for a puppet I don't think is worth it. If Tebow isn't going to help you more than another Call-up (and I believe there are more qualified Minor Leaguers) then let him stay in the minors. He is a draw there making money from ticket sales for those clubs.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Tickets and fans drive the business for sure the casual fan probably knows tim tebow before Dominic Smith or amed Rosario...I said CASUAL fan, but if I was the gm I want to bring up players that actually could make the team from spring training in 2018 to see what they can do. If the Mets want to see ticket sales go up all they need to do is another syndergaard bobblehead day. Maybe I could actually get one if they did it again...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Should MLB teams resort to "stunts" for some coverage and ticket sales?

Happens all the time. It's called promotional nights. Fireworks, bobbleheads, other giveaways to the first xx,*** fans to arrive at the park.

EDIT: and announcing the marquee starting pitcher probable as early as possible to have a few days to sell tickets.

If Tebow isn't going to help you more than another Call-up (and I believe there are more qualified Minor Leaguers) then let him stay in the minors. He is a draw there making money from ticket sales for those clubs.

There are 40 man rosters in September. Most teams don't fill up the whole 40 man roster in September so there is plenty of room for
Tebow and the 2018 potentials to join the Mets in September and use them for evaluation or putting butts in the seats like Tebow
would. Tebow does no good to stay in the minors to sell tickets in september as most teams end their season on labor day (and very few teams have playoffs after labor day).

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Happens all the time. It's called promotional nights. Fireworks, bobbleheads, other giveaways to the first xx,*** fans to arrive at
the park.

There are 40 man rosters in September. Most teams don't fill up the whole 40 man roster in September so there is plenty of room for
Tebow and the 2018 potentials to join the Mets in September and use them for evaluation or putting butts in the seats like Tebow
would. Tebow does no good to stay in the minors to sell tickets in september as most teams end their season on labor day (and very few teams have playoffs after labor day).
Yeah, that's what I was talking about...

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
He does sign and picks out a lot that are collectors not resellers but his job should be baseball . Packed our stadium when here with bandwagon fans . Word is he doesn't ride bus all the time .
I'd rather see future players and I don't like Mets .
When the first dollar changes hands it is a business a sport is when we gather to play at Gilmo's

Members online