Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2000 Lineup Card - Dragons vs. Mud Cats - Help Needed with Research!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Hey everybody! I recently obtained this lineup card and am trying to learn as much about it as possible. The two biggest names are Adam Dunn and Austin Kearns (both of which signed the card by their respective names in the lineup). I've identified all of the players listed on the card and all but 2 of the 20 autographs. Can anyone here help me locate the box score for this game, where it was played (city and ball park) or any other interesting tidbits about the card itself or the players from either team I may have overlooked? Here is a scan of the card itself and the information I've been able to put together. Enjoy!

Lineup Card GUU.jpg

Dayton Dragons (Cincinnati Reds Affiliate) – 5 Autographs (5 signers identified in blue italics)

Starting Lineup
1 Blane Layton
2 Andrew Beattie
3 Adam Dunn
4 Austin Kearns
5 Casey Bookout
6 Braxton Whitehead
7 Eric Welsh
8 Randy Stegall
9 B.J. Hawes

Starting Pitcher
-Jose Acevedo

Extra Hitters
LH
-None

RH
-Kevin Schnall
-Trey Salinas
-Kevin Baderdeen
-Jim Matan (pinch-hit for Eric Walsh)
-Ray Olmedo

Switch-Hitter
-None

Pitchers
LH
-James Manias (pitched in game)
-Terry Hayden
-Casey DeHart (pitched in game)

RH
-Clint Brewer
-Tighe Brown
-Gene Altman (pitched in game)
-Pedro Minaya

Michigan Mud Cats (Houston Astros Affiliate) – 15 Autographs (13 signers identified in blue italics)

Starting Lineup
1 Jon Topolski
2 Felix Escalona
3 Gavin Wright
4 Jason Lane
5 Brian Schmitt
6 Mike Hill
7 Jon Helquist
8 John Buck
9 Donaldo Mendez

Starting Pitcher
-Mike Nannini

Extra Hitters
LH
-Derek Nicholson

RH
-Danny Fatheree
-Brian O’Connor
-Luis Dominguez

Switch-Hitter
-Johan Maya

Pitchers
LH
-Chris George
-Darwin Peguero
-Don Thomas
-Luis Vasquez
-Mike Gallo (pitched in game)

RH
-Ryan Jamison
-Santiago Ramirez (pitched in game)
-Johnny Whitesides
-Derek Stanford

Not listed as active on the lineup card but signed by
-Carlos Hernandez

Attachments

• FCB lineup card.jpg
    FCB lineup card.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 10

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Since one of the two clubs is not Isotopes or Dukes, I can't help you out with a box score.

I can suggest:

1) look at archive.org - hopefully Dragons or Mud Cats official web pages then had the official boxscore as part of their website.

2) MILB.COM will be useless as their archives only go back to 1995 or so (the last major website overhaul they did). I suppose you could check archive.org for milb's website before then to see if there are box scores available

3) check Google newspaper archives - maybe one of those teams' beat writer newspapers is archived there and you can find a box score from the following day when the newspapers reported about the game

4) you may have to travel to the Dragons or Mud Cats city to look at microfiche archives of their hometown newspaper if Google Newspaper archive doesn't have it.

5) your local library may have in their building or as a online resource a "lexus-nexus" type thing of newspaper archives or article archives that you won't find google has, so that may open up the number of newspaper archives available to you.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
[MENTION=2726]rsmath[/MENTION] - That is just the advice I was hoping to receive! I'll look through all these resources and will be sure to post any finds. I actually have a good friend on the current Dragons crew that might be able to shake something out.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
2) MILB.COM will be useless as their archives only go back to 1995 or so (the last major website overhaul they did).

Should have been 2005 (blush).

Good that you have someone on the Dragons crew as the front office may keep archives of box scores and other things for team history reasons, or that crew member should be able to hit up that city's library to look through the microfiche newspaper archives for the game story/box score that you are looking for if Google newspaper archive or archive.org don't work out from your end.

Members online