Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals Hire Bud Black As Manager

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Nice hire. Infinitely better than Dusty.

Nationals To Name Bud Black Manager

By Steve Adams | October 28, 2015 at 8:20pm CDT
The Nationals will hire former Padres skipper Bud Black as their next manager, reports James Wagner of the Washington Post. The team has yet to confirm the move or make an official announcement, as Major League Baseball frowns upon teams announcing major news on the days that World Series games take place. Black was said to be one of two finalists, with former Giants/Cubs/Reds manager Dusty Baker the other reported name under consideration.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Why? As an east coast player that was very popular at his prime I figure he would have fit in.

from what i recall reading, they did not like how he managed the Dodgers. And i agree, i would not have wanted Mattingly. I have made a few comments calling him the west coast Matt Williams.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I really like the outlook for the Nats in 2016 now. Good luck to Bud Black. I hope he's a great success.

Members online