Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Aroldis Chapman Suspended 30 Games

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
For violation of the MLB domestic violence policy. No appeal.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Is NeedChapmans going nuts on BO?

Nope.

"It's a low enough number to keep all service time in tact and for Chapman to take April off, but a big enough number for the league to look good. I would have liked to also see some kind of anger management mandate ... oh well. It's finally done."

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Regardless of the duration of his suspension, I am rooting for him to get shelled often and then disappear from the league.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I'm a Yankee fan and say not near enough. Wasn't happy when they traded for him. Athletes get off too easy with this crap.
I understand that, but the sticky point is that he wasn't charged with any crime. This doesn't mean that firing off 8 rounds in the garage was acceptable, but the league doesn't want to get into any battle over offenses that fall into this category. Honestly I'm surprised they went 30 instead of, say, 10-15. If they suspended someone for a year when the police and the alleged victim aren't pressing charges, while he openly admitted he fired the weapon, then the MLBPA would be all over a lawsuit.

The real test will be Reyes. That case is guaranteed to bring a hefty suspension as there is a court case and little doubt there was physical violence inflicted on the his wife.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I understand that, but the sticky point is that he wasn't charged with any crime. This doesn't mean that firing off 8 rounds in the garage was acceptable, but the league doesn't want to get into any battle over offenses that fall into this category. Honestly I'm surprised they went 30 instead of, say, 10-15. If they suspended someone for a year when the police and the alleged victim aren't pressing charges, while he openly admitted he fired the weapon, then the MLBPA would be all over a lawsuit.

The real test will be Reyes. That case is guaranteed to bring a hefty suspension as there is a court case and little doubt there was physical violence inflicted on the his wife.

Chapman admitted to firing shots though...I think. MLB doesn't have to have the same standards police have to have to bring charges. My whole thinking is this is wayyyy worse than anything Barry, Alex, Roger or Rose ever did and they are looked at as black eyes on the sport. I hope Reyes is outta the league. I know puig is facing something too but I dunno the details. Don't forget Plexico went to the pen for shooting himself hahaha. State gun laws vary a lot

Latest posts