Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Feb 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm glad the Yankees didn't sink any money into Yu. I could just see it all going down just like it did with Kevin Brown and a few other half way decent pitchers that the Yankees picked up with huge contracts. I'm sure Darvish will be just fine in Chicago. He will sure have the bats around him to support some runs. I just hope he shows up in the postseason. Where the hell is [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]? He never posts in here anymore.

I wonder how many runs they will allow this year, 660 again is probably unsustainable for them. Their runs scored should be way up to compensate at least.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Are we talking the Yankees or Cubs? I think the pitching staff won't be as stellar as everyone thinks(Cubs). I'm not sold on Quintana. Never was. And other than Lester, I don't see any major movers and shakers as starters. Hendricks is ok.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well, maybe we need to start talking about queso and he can rejoin us. I miss some of the older dudes that we used to have around. Its been 10 years man. How does time fly so fast?

Agreed, the old days were a lot of fun. I talked about a LMMKP 2.0 with certain people a while back but at the time it was lukewarm. There is a specific angle I want it to be but theres not enough mischief makers any more :(

I think the main source of comradeship in the past was exposing bullshtters but they don't come around much either.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Are we talking the Yankees or Cubs? I think the pitching staff won't be as stellar as everyone thinks(Cubs). I'm not sold on Quintana. Never was. And other than Lester, I don't see any major movers and shakers as starters. Hendricks is ok.

The 660 runs was for the Yanks, Cubs were 695. That excludes defensive considerations but the fact that they allowed less than a good NL team shows how it will be worse this year... maybe by 150 more runs. Could they score 115ish more runs to counteract? I think so.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
My biggest question for '18 baseball is how the balls are compared to last year. Still juiced? (if they were at all) something was fishy. Another big question is how many games Marlins will lose. I honestly like watching a circus.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Dude, no truer words have been spoken! I am so ready. Nothing against football or basketball, but man, baseball is my passion. I watched so many games last year and it was great! I think last year was the first year I really got to enjoy Spring Training and then when the season started, I caught more games than ever. I'm ready for it again this year.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I don't think the Marlins will be as bad as everyone thinks. I'm sure at times it will be a shiit show but I have faith in Mattingly to keep the team together. They definitely have some young talent that they will employ and Jeter doesn't want to look like a big ass failure to the Marlin faithful. I'm sure they will make a go of it. I will say 90 games.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I don't think the Marlins will be as bad as everyone thinks. I'm sure at times it will be a shiit show but I have faith in Mattingly to keep the team together. They definitely have some young talent that they will employ and Jeter doesn't want to look like a big ass failure to the Marlin faithful. I'm sure they will make a go of it. I will say 90 games.

A team that lost 85 games one year then loses its 4 best hitters could be shtzville. Its hard to even guess considering theres no benchmark of a team losing 4 guys worth 20+ WAR combined and being bad to begin with. I guess the most fun will be seeing Ichiro as an every day player again but he might fade badly. I was shocked when we went to MIA in the first place as it seemed the least likely spot to get playing time.

Jeter did a good job for the guys upstairs, not only did he dump salary but he did it in a way where the luxury cap would be pierced sending even more money to MIA :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Apparently Esteban Loaiza got busted for massive amounts of Coke and Heroin. What tipped the law off was when he pulled the officer over and asked "which way to Jon Jones house?" ;)

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
A team that lost 85 games one year then loses its 4 best hitters could be shtzville. Its hard to even guess considering theres no benchmark of a team losing 4 guys worth 20+ WAR combined and being bad to begin with. I guess the most fun will be seeing Ichiro as an every day player again but he might fade badly. I was shocked when we went to MIA in the first place as it seemed the least likely spot to get playing time.

Jeter did a good job for the guys upstairs, not only did he dump salary but he did it in a way where the luxury cap would be pierced sending even more money to MIA :lol:

Ichiro isn't signed unfortunately. Sounds like he's going back to Japan probably.

That division is pretty much trash, other than the Nationals unless the Braves are competitive early, so the Marlins might not end up as bad as they look.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ichiro isn't signed unfortunately. Sounds like he's going back to Japan probably.

That division is pretty much trash, other than the Nationals unless the Braves are competitive early, so the Marlins might not end up as bad as they look.

Ah then Ichiro's stay in MIA was really bad. Come with Ozuna/Yelich/Stanton, leave when they leave. :confused: I guess its not his fault as they would have to pay him more than league minimum which is something they will do when hell freezes over.

A trash division is their best selling point to ticketholders right now... "come watch a sht team, play someone almost as bad" :lol:

Last edited:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Speaking of trash, I just rummaged thru probably 500,000 cards tonight. I didn't find diddly worth noting. Oh well. Ya win some, ya lose sone. BTW, JV, I got your PM's. I'm trying to figure out what I might be interested in. Thank you for the list.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Speaking of trash, I just rummaged thru probably 500,000 cards tonight. I didn't find diddly worth noting. Oh well. Ya win some, ya lose sone. BTW, JV, I got your PM's. I'm trying to figure out what I might be interested in. Thank you for the list.

Cool, I forgot to mention my Cincy ones weren't in there as they were put aside for Muskies but he went away :confused: Barry Larkin purp/green, Casey green, Reese green iirc are all available. Hopefully he is ok.

If you are just looking for the cheapest rainbow I think Ron Wright would be the best bet. His career was one of the most successful off all time- 1 game, strikeout + ground into DP + ground into TP. :-| if you're thinking at this point "well at least he played the field for some value" I must inform you he was the DH :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts