Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Leaf Masterworks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I'm curious BG, as someone like yourself you says his goal is to help the hobby etc. Why do you think it's ok to Presell product w/o a checklist, at least a month+ of release Your sales sheet shows nothing related to figure skating, pro wrestlers etc, we only find that out from artists who have posted I. The last few days. Yes your wording says across sport, but you could relieve people frustration by a simple checklist. If the problem is still waiting for the cards back, then the product isn't ready for release and shouldn't have been pre sold. It's just my opinion, I just find it odd. Look at the backlash of Yankee Pride, the complaints should have been invalid with a checklist beforehand. I guess I'm just looking for a why you operate that way an do you think it's fair to the consumer to hype product based on not providing all the info upfront?

Thank
Ryan

We had a checklist before soliciting, but the qtys of each name vary (some as low as one total!).. If I put these in a checklist and something happens to art, we get accused of checklist switch-a-roo..

The checklist is very similar to a legends of sport..BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Thank you to the artists, [MENTION=7814]Bradu[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9604]jrosales[/MENTION], for shedding some light on the situation.

I have directly posted " [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] " on a few occasions, but seemingly never have the ability to draw a response, despite supporting Leaf products.

What can I help you with? You have my ear... BG

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I agree that it'd be nice to get the checklist, but when was the last time Topps did such a thing? Partial at best, right up to release.

Ahh the 2 wrongs make a right theory. I am not a fan of that one.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
That is a pretty damn good checklist, I must say. Not too many non-major sports and a lot of star power across all. And the duds aren't that bad either.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
How many boxes/cases were produced of this stuff. Has to be less than 4,000 boxes right?

200 athlete checklist and no more than 20 of any single player = less than 4,000 total cards.

Each box has 3 autographs, so ~1300 boxes at most

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
Sorry that is what I meant, I had 1 hit per box on my mind!

Sent from my LG-US780 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
Hello all,

I was one of the artists fortunate enough to work on this release, and we were just given the ok to show off the work we created for Masterworks. Just wanted to give a sneak preview of the cards I created for the set.

I love the concept behind this release and I truly hope it does well in the market.

leaf_masterworks__2013__preview_by_machinehead11-d6oxmvk.jpg

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
I got a case of this coming that I got for $720. $40 per 1/1 sketch auto looks to be a great deal, especially when you consider there are only about 200 cases made of this stuff. Really looking forward to it!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Hello all,

I was one of the artists fortunate enough to work on this release, and we were just given the ok to show off the work we created for Masterworks. Just wanted to give a sneak preview of the cards I created for the set.

I love the concept behind this release and I truly hope it does well in the market.

View attachment 23744

awesome work, thanks for showing us. Cant wait for the break tonight!!!

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
Thanks! Can't wait to see what comes from the break.

My wife Stephanie did some cards for this set too. Here are a few of hers:

McElhenny, Hugh2.jpg Robinson, Brooks2.jpg Griese, Bob2.jpg

Last edited:

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
Andrew are you going to break 2nd case? I had a message to get a spot in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts