Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves Discussing Andrelton Simmons Trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Makes little sense to me - the guy's a defensive wizard, and his hitting ain't bad either.

Sure hope they're getting a king's ransom in return, if in fact they deal him.

ESPN's Jonah Keri wrote that the Braves are discussing a possible Andrelton Simmons trade with an NL West team.
Whatever's cooking is still very early in the works, as the specific team the Braves are talking with hasn't even been revealed beyond the fact that they play in the NL West. Simmons, 26, hit to a .265/.321/.338 triple-slash with four homers, 23 doubles and 44 RBI in 147 games during the 2015 campaign. Nov 11 - 11:15 PM
Source: Jonah Keri on Twitter

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I can't imagine the Rockies being the team in this. Damage control will be needed for whatever happens to Jose Reyes, but Trevor Story is ready to come up and take over SS next year. So that leaves the DBacks and Padres as the only teams interested in doing this. No way the Dodgers don't clear SS for Corey Seager and Crawford is solid for the Giants.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
The Padres have a recent history with the Braves, so maybe this will be another blockbuster trade that doesn't work out for San Diego. :banghead:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Not just the NL West.

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Mets checked in on the availability of Andrelton Simmons on Thursday morning and were told that it would take Matt Harvey or Jacob deGrom.
Yeah, so that's not happening. ESPN's Jonah Keri reported Wednesday that the Braves have engaged in trade talks involving Simmons with at least one National League West team, and Buster Olney added Thursday that the Angels are also interested. Any team with a need at shortstop will be inquiring, but it's going to take a sizable return for the Braves to give up the 26-year-old defensive maestro. He's on a relatively team-friendly contract through 2020.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
As a Braves fan I would hate to see him traded after seeing all of the other regulars already leave the team (except Freeman). He's one of the only bright spots on the team currently. By the way, how did Crawford win the Gold Glove over Simmons?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
As a Braves fan I would hate to see him traded after seeing all of the other regulars already leave the team (except Freeman). He's one of the only bright spots on the team currently. By the way, how did Crawford win the Gold Glove over Simmons?

B Craw is slick with that glove and I think the power numbers being up this year helped

WaxPax

Not just the NL West.

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Mets checked in on the availability of Andrelton Simmons on Thursday morning and were told that it would take Matt Harvey or Jacob deGrom.
Yeah, so that's not happening. ESPN's Jonah Keri reported Wednesday that the Braves have engaged in trade talks involving Simmons with at least one National League West team, and Buster Olney added Thursday that the Angels are also interested. Any team with a need at shortstop will be inquiring, but it's going to take a sizable return for the Braves to give up the 26-year-old defensive maestro. He's on a relatively team-friendly contract through 2020.

As a Mets fan, there are maybe only four or five position players (Trout, McCutchen, Stanton, Posey), who are most likely untouchables themselves, who I would ever consider trading either of those pitchers for....

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

Since writers were voting instead of looking at stats....posey should have won over yadi this year too.