Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does FCB Burn to the Ground if this card is made?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Since we know the card makers keep a keen eye on internet trends, I wondered to myself ... what if they targeted FCB and made the ultimate patch card that would make 8 of us sweat bullets? Here it is:

front.jpg

No disrespect to the guys who go hard after McGwire, Bonds, Bagwell, Biggio, Thomas or anyone else ... I *only* had room for 8! :)

I decided to go a step further and make another one that would appeal to people beyond FCB, and came up with the following:

frontgeneral.jpg

Each side features one superstar of today, one superstar of yesterday, one legend and one high roller player.

On an open market, how much do these go for?

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Freakin awesome, if it had Bernie in it would go for more;)

Great work as always, those look awesome!

But, they would look even better with Puckett in them... =)

With the # of hardcore PC guys we have on here, I don't think I'd satisfy everyone if I made a 20x patch ... however ... tempting! *scratches chin* Puckett and Bernie both TOTALLY deserve to be on here!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Since we know the card makers keep a keen eye on internet trends, I wondered to myself ... what if they targeted FCB and made the ultimate patch card that would make 8 of us sweat bullets? Here it is:

front.jpg ****

No disrespect to the guys who go hard after McGwire, Bonds, Bagwell, Biggio, Thomas or anyone else ... I *only* had room for 8! :)

I decided to go a step further and make another one that would appeal to people beyond FCB, and came up with the following:

frontgeneral.jpg ****

Each side features one superstar of today, one superstar of yesterday, one legend and one high roller player.

On an open market, how much do these go for?

Looks like Galaraga and Randy Johnson have the same patch, so obviously these are fake...
Seriously, though, no Gwynn?
No, now I am being serious... How much they go for depends greatly on which company made it! An Upper Deck card like you have above? or a Topps card like this? It would be awesome to watch go at auction. If Leaf, or Hits Memorabilia, or even Panini made it, it would probably not have the highest fanfare.
Give it to Upper Deck, have them make 8 copies (1/8. 2/8, 3/8...)
Then have 8 1/1's each signed by only one of the athletes, a la 1997 SPX Force
Scan_109.jpg

Sweet cards, Tanner, great idea!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Looks like Galaraga and Randy Johnson have the same patch, so obviously these are fake...
Seriously, though, no Gwynn?
No, now I am being serious... How much they go for depends greatly on which company made it! An Upper Deck card like you have above? or a Topps card like this? It would be awesome to watch go at auction. If Leaf, or Hits Memorabilia, or even Panini made it, it would probably not have the highest fanfare.
Give it to Upper Deck, have them make 8 copies (1/8. 2/8, 3/8...)
Then have 8 1/1's each signed by only one of the athletes, a la 1997 SPX Force
Scan_109.jpg

Sweet cards, Tanner, great idea!

Thanks man! I remember there being an SPX force card w/Canseco on it and it was signed by Sheffield. I passed it up because no JC auto, but given the chance again I may scoop it up :)

I also can't see them, wonder if it's a mobile vs desktop thing? I'm on mobile and can't see them

I think you are onto something. I'm not doing anything odd. Just doing the img tags and inputting the link to the image!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Nice, I checked out the link. You put too nice of patch into that Randy though so I'm screaming that isn't fair ;)

Ryan

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
No, the player selection would keep me away!

I bet you a twins card that Had twins logo patches of joe Mauer ,Killebrew, Rod Carew, Paul Molitor, Blyleven, Winfield, Oliva and Puckett, would blow those away..

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Great Idea for a nice booklet and it looks good too!

If I'm going retro though, I'm using the old FCB logo:

retrobase.jpgretroauto.jpgretrobat.jpg

WTH: I'll even make a 90's ish insert type Canseco.

canseco 3030 copy.jpg

We'll add Dawson for good measure:

dawson-retro-base.jpgdawson-retro-auto.jpgdawson-retro-bat.jpg

Cant forget my guy or these other two hacks!

bruce.jpgripken.jpgrose.jpg

Fordman

Members online