Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Freedom Cardboard Announces New Management Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Any chance of getting Phil back to doing the "Hot List"?

I did a few editions of the Hot List, but the threads in which they appeared got maybe one or two replies each time. Some didn't get any.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Congrats fellas. This can only be a positive thing for the site. I have your backs and will do what's needed to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkd

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Glad to see some changes will be taking place. I have been a member here for a while now and have taken some long breaks from time to time (nothing to do with FCB, just life getting in the way). When I started checking this place out again a few weeks back it seemed DEAD, with no real thought provoking or highly interesting conversations taking place. Hopefully efforts to bring in new members will start to change that.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
When I started checking this place out again a few weeks back it seemed DEAD, with no real thought provoking or highly interesting conversations taking place. Hopefully efforts to bring in new members will start to change that.

Please point me to another site that has "real thought provoking or highly interesting conversations taking place." I don't think that's an FCB-specific problem at the moment, I think it's a hobby-wide problem at the moment. I spend most my hobby free-time here, but do check out the other boards on occassion, and I can't think of any that are experiencing a golden age right now.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Please point me to another site that has "real thought provoking or highly interesting conversations taking place." I don't think that's an FCB-specific problem at the moment, I think it's a hobby-wide problem at the moment. I spend most my hobby free-time here, but do check out the other boards on occassion, and I can't think of any that are experiencing a golden age right now.

Good point. I guess with a smorgasbord of collectors with varying interests in the hobby, its difficult for specific, interesting conversations to get up and going. I would love to see a blog implemented that is integrated into the threads on the boards (posted to message boards to garner a larger audience, thereby provoking conversation).

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Do I have to wear nice clothes now when I read.fcb?????

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
I did a few editions of the Hot List, but the threads in which they appeared got maybe one or two replies each time. Some didn't get any.

I do feel as if [MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION] brings up a valid point here, however more in general. I personally see this as one of the main issues here on FCB.

Just an observation that I have seen in my short time as a member. There is definitely a "clique" on this board. When you post, or start threads: unless you are part of the "clique", your threads or posts can be ignored often. This may cause some people to refrain from posting anything at all.

I am not speaking of anything I have posted, only what I see overall. I am Not trying to bash the forum; I really enjoy it, but more offer constructive criticism. Hopefully the new management team can take this feedback, and try to improve the traffic and conversations.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Any chance of getting Phil back to doing the "Hot List"?

This is what I miss most. I'm sure his hot lists took a lot of time and effort to do, but they were so valuable. I loved the aspect of what guys went from not selling at all, to selling for $5-$10. I mean anyone can go to ebay sold listings, sort by highest price and get a hot list that way, but his was a diamond in the rough kind of list, or who was increasing, not who was already on top.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
This is what I miss most. I'm sure his hot lists took a lot of time and effort to do, but they were so valuable. I loved the aspect of what guys went from not selling at all, to selling for $5-$10. I mean anyone can go to ebay sold listings, sort by highest price and get a hot list that way, but his was a diamond in the rough kind of list, or who was increasing, not who was already on top.

In reference to Phil. I among a multitude of others truly miss him being a regular here. I've been talking to him about this for a little while now and it really comes down to him not having the time to do them. I've tried guilt and every tool available but i completely understand what its like to not have the bandwidth to complete them.

If anyone is interested in completing them, please contact us and we can discuss...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
My theory - the main problem with the Hot Lists is that the majority of prospectors have migrated to BO's boards.

This is evidenced not only with the aforementioned threads, but the MiLB daily threads, which do not get the responses they once did. (Not to mention most of the posts within them came from yours truly.)

These threads virtually always got at least two pages' worth of posts each day on BO's boards this year.

Last edited:

Wes

OG
Administrator
I sure would like to hear some examples of "adding value to the site". Those are scary words and are also the words you
hear just before things start to spin down the drain. Don't really want to sound like a doomsayer, but I spend an embarrassingly
inordinate amount of time here, and just cannot stomach a lot of new changes just for the sake of change.
I personally would like to hear specific strategies for attracting new users and then keeping them for a long term.
How will you address the amount of downtime?
In the past, having high speed connections was a waste of money given the relatively slow speed of the site. so addressing that
issue is of major importance to me.
Easily half of the posts are flaming the OP or some other poster in the thread, and that is just for Jerry Springer fans
The innane posts about "what is your fav pizza" or such, just clog the system. I'm here for the hobby!

Beyond the technology improvements that you mentioned a great deal of the improvements will be getting content production back on a consistent basis.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Looking forward to it, it can only be good to have more brains in the tank!

I don't know how Chris was doing this with all those commitments - I can barely handle posting occasionally. I'm guilty of taking prolonged breaks all the time (like others, because of life, not FCB) and every time I come back, it gets a little quieter. I just don't feel the same excitement as when we moved here from Beckett. But, hopefully a few good ideas can get us rolling in the right direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts