Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Here are some additions that I made to my Topps Cardinals Autograph Collection this week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
Some of you may have seen my thread over at CU on my Topps Cardinals autograph collection. For those that don't, I now have 1,110 signatures of Cardinals players on Topps (regular base) cards. My wife and and my in-laws got me a few Ebay gift cards. I received all three of these signed cards in the mail ON THE SAME DAY (yesterday).

I have been wanting a signed Bob Gibson rookie for a very long time. This one is exactly how I would have wanted it - a vintage ball point ink signature. Of course, it will have to be busted out to put in my album.

I have also wanted some regular base Topps cards signed by Pujols. I already had his 2001 Topps Traded base rookie card signed in a JSA/Beckett holder. I have specifically wanted a 2002 Topps for a long, long time. This 2002 Topps card was signed early in his career. This is probably a 2002 or 2003 signature. I can tell because I have a 2002 team signed baseball and the signature is identical. You can tell because the "A" is thin at the top. In the mid 2000's, his signature changed to where the "A" was really wide at the top (like this 2011 Topps card). I was able to get the 2002, plus the 2011, which was his last Topps card in a Cardinals uniform. The 2002 is authenticated by JSA with a basic certification and sticker on the back. The 2011 Topps has been authenticated by Global with a sticker on the back.

I am very pleased to get these.

CardinalsAutographs330_zpsb59d162e.jpg

CardinalsAutographs331_zps75f59e2a.jpg

Last edited:

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
Nice! Love that Gibson auto!!
How many different Cardinal players do you have?
DANNY

If I answer your question exactly how you worded it....I don't really know for sure. I do not have any duplicate signed cards, but I do have many different years of the same player. For instance, I have a complete run in a Cardinals uniform of my favorite childhood player, Vince Coleman. I also have every Cardinals Topps card of Red Schoendienst.

All I can tell you is that I have 1,110 Cardinals signatures on Topps base cards. I word it that way because some cards are signed by multiple players (ie rookie cards, team cards, and team leaders cards). My signed collection fills up 2 large albums.

Here is another on of my favorites...a 2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols. You will not find very many of these. I have heard that he doesn't sign his rookie card anymore. I only know of 3 of these. This one is the only one that is not in my albums. Everything else is in my albums. If I bought a slabbed signed card, I busted it out and put the flip behind it.

CardinalsAutographs232.jpg

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
Do you have a site or list of names? Are you looking for IP autos of cards (Cards!) you don't have?

I really don't have a list of what I DON'T have. It is not a full time project. Sometimes I will just browse Ebay until I see something I don't have.

I can give you a link to the CU thread where I have EVERY signed card posted. Here is the thread. It all started in 2007.......

http://forums.collectors.com/messag...did=583437&highlight_key=y&keyword1=cardinals

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.