Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Sportlots still relevant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I'm looking at loading some stuff up and wanted to know if people still use it.

Seems like there are still people loading stuff, as there are currently 23 copies of 2012 Topps Magic Andrew Luck rc.

The biggest pet peeve I have is that you can't just look at everything a person has for sale.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I personally don't think they're very relevant but I've heard sellers say that they sell a lot on there. Personally for me it's pretty much the last place I look for cards after ebay, comc, forums, Beckett marketplace, etc. Like you, the inability to easily look through a seller's inventory is the #1 reason I stay away. The Beckett marketplace has worse prices but it's very easy to look for other stuff I need from each seller to take advantage of combined shipping and bring the cost per card down.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Sportlots is great for picking up cards to flip. When I heard Yu Darvish was thinking about coming over the US to play I stocked up on cards for cheap. Bowman Chromes for $2 a pop... Bowman Blues for $3 a pop. I used to have it written down on a post it note but I think my total investment was $80 with Shipping... and I sold it all for a nice profit before his real rookie cards started coming out. But the key is to find one seller with multiple available... other wise it wouldnt be worth it.

trogdor

Feb 18, 2013
I have about 26,000 cards listed. My sales have been anywhere from 25.00 a months to 150. All depends on your orders

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I sell a few hundred a month there in base cards-cheap inserts so I would say it is relevant. I hate how slow it is to list there though.

And Eddie there are ways to look at a sellers inventory

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, it's still relevant and as another poster mentioned, it's quite easy to look at a seller's inventory. Basically once you place an item in your cart from a seller, you can go to your cart and click on the magnifying glass next to their seller ID and it takes you to their sport lots store. It lists all of their cards. Trust me, it's easy and sport lots is one of ,if not the ,most affordable place(s)to finish up sets.

Derek2011

Aug 7, 2008
Bainbridge,PA
I have 156,000+ inventory on there and move stuff that I'd never be able to move elsewhere. For the most part, it is the internet's most cost-efficient way to buy singles!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yeah, it's still relevant and as another poster mentioned, it's quite easy to look at a seller's inventory. Basically once you place an item in your cart from a seller, you can go to your cart and click on the magnifying glass next to their seller ID and it takes you to their sport lots store. It lists all of their cards. Trust me, it's easy and sport lots is one of ,if not the ,most affordable place(s)to finish up sets.

Once you go to the sellers inventory after placing an item in your cart, can you search through their inventory for say all of their Jeff Bagwell cards? If that's the case I'll have to raise it on my list of places I look for stuff.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Once you go to the sellers inventory after placing an item in your cart, can you search through their inventory for say all of their Jeff Bagwell cards? If that's the case I'll have to raise it on my list of places I look for stuff.

Yes

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

You can search by player, sport, year, brand, and set provided they have stuff from the sets/players you're looking for.

About the only thing that sucks is when you get a good handful of sellers you're buying from and then you go to the home page and search another year or set. It used to highlight the sellers you're buying from already. Like if I placed a card from Eddie in my cart, and I go back to the home page and search another set, I need to remember I'm buying from him or else I'll end up buying cards from 20 different people and pay out the ass on shipping when I could have just used a couple of sellers and saved on shipping.. I've used it enough to where I know the sellers who have a good amount for respective sports. You can complete quite a few sets using just a few sellers. Plus you can price match. One guy may be a little higher on his prices but he may have cards the other sellers you're buying from don't. But if it comes down to him or another guy you're buying from, you have the option to go with whoever is cheapest. Might just be a few cents but it adds up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts