Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I went to an Estate Auction......part 2.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
I found another estate auction listed in the paper late last week and decided to drive the hour and a half on Saturday to see if I could find anything good. I lost my Grandfather late Thursday night, who I was very close too, after a brief battle with cancer. The estate auction was just an excuse to get away for a while to clear my head. Now, I know my pickups are not near as good as what I found a few months back, but I am happy with what I ended up with.

In the listing for the auction that said the owner was a Nolan Ryan fan and showed pictures of a ton of late 80's and early 90's unopened wax and sets from all sports. I was hoping to pick up a few Topps sets for next to nothing so I could feel in some holes in my set run. Anyway I came up empty handed on the wax and sets for the most part, but here is what I ended up with. Sorry for the large scans.

Lot # 1 paid $15 for this. Thought it was different. This is from Highland Mint. It is a Ryan coin and ring that is HUGE. I put it on my Iphone 5 just to give an idea on its size.

kod5.jpg

ffgk.jpg

xvdc.jpg

Lot # 2 paid $7.50

This was two 4,000 ct. boxes. One has what looks like 1,500 or so early 80's hockey and some late 80's baseball in it. The other box is what appears to be box breaks from different sports and all the hits were placed in the box. I'm still finding hits in the box, not to mention all the serial numbered cards.

ol5w.jpg

f2j8.jpg

Daryl Johnson # 50/200
Kwame Brown # 8/250
Jesper Parnevik # 814/900

yaen.jpg

kprj.jpg

ytol.jpg

Rivers # 81/750
Elway # 18/250
Bettis # 46/550
Roethlisberger rookie quads w/ Devard Darling, Kellen Winslow jr, Luke McCown # 16/250

d0r7.jpg

Moss # 17/250

wj98.jpg

9qbh.jpg

jgqt.jpg

ARod # 84/250
Konerko # 123/200
Thome power tools # 103/500
Sosa 104/400
Randy Johnson # 239/250
Chipper Jones 787/1200
Passport to the Majors # 193/1200 (what is this?)

pj15.jpg

Luis Gonzalez # 156/200

ud1f.jpg

Olerud # 6/50
Gagne / Blalock # 363/400
Clemens 217/250

And the better cards that I have found so far:

ytga.jpg

mmtr.jpg

Lot # 3 paid $25. There were 2 of these. The other sold for $50. This has never been displayed and in perfect condition. Still has the $195 price sticker on the top of the box. It is hand signed and numbered to 975.
4oft.jpg

Lot # 4

Last lot was a shelf full of stuff. I won it for $25. There were 4 or 5 diffent Nolan Ryan collectors plates still in their boxes with the display stands. As well as a few different Nolan Ryan odd ball items and cards, and 4 1992 UD basketball Locker Series sealed boxes. But, I was the only on who looked through what was on there before the bidding started. This was in a small stack of Ryan cards:

9a4b.jpg

Again, sorry for the large scans and the long read. I will post more cards as I come accross them. Also, all cards are available. I'm not in any hurry to get rid of them at this time. Also, I will have to ask for help on some of the early 80's hockey. I know nothing about hockey or the football cards that I have found.

Last edited:

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
First off sorry to hear about you grandfather, it took me a long time to get back to my normal self when my uncle passed with leukemia. Anyway if these cards are still available could you pm me the prices.
Luis Gonzalez #156 /200
Randy Johnson #239 /250
Paul Konerko #123 /200
Drew Bledsoe fleer GU

Again sorry about your loss.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow, great haul! Congrats!

Makes me want to check out an estate sale. I'm sure you have to go on day 1 in order to catch things like this :lol:

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Super finds, but sorry for your loss. I have been to several estate sales & I never find anything card related worth anything.

Just keep looking and you will stumble on something at some point. Here is a link to the last one that I went to back in the spring.
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/baseball/122919-so-i-went-estate-auction-saturday.html

I talked to a guy this past Saturday that went to one the Saturday before and found 3 unopened 1986-1987 Fleer basketball boxes. He said he bought them for $25 each and busted all 3. He pulled 2 Jorday rc's.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Who is the passport card of?Does it slide out or something?Lots of nice finds there.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Hey sorry to bother you but what are the prices on these cards im very interested.
Randy Johnson #239 /250
Luis Gonzalez #156 /200
Curt Schilling Then and now GU
Drew Bledsoe FLeer GU
Paul Konerko #123 /200

Members online