Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July Pickup Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
scan0021.jpg

scan0017.jpg

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
For the Padres PC:

wil_myers_zpsu9rzgkwa.jpg

Nathan's hotdog eating contest female champion the last 2 years.

sudo_miki_zpsctowuksl.jpg

I thought I had no new autos to chase for the Japanese MLB PC. Murata got a spot start for a double header for Cleveland on June 28th making him the 54th Japan born MLB player.

murata_002_zps1kvcel0t.jpg
murata_001_zpswaskc5n8.jpg

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Cool lil' mail day here...

I wanted a barrel Clark for a while. When I saw he was on the CL for a Knob and a Barrel, I wanted the pair. It took a while for the 2 to pop. I was offered the Knob at a price we worked on but couldn't match on price by $100. The Knob end they used didn't really have much appeal to me (no markings etc), but if I coulda got the price right I woulda added it. Moving on the barrel hit and I was able to land it. Actually has some ball residue (no pun IndyManning if you read this) on it so that's a cool bonus. I do wish the picture was a little nicer, but overall, happy to add one.

attachment.php

Goes well with:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for looking

Ryan

3 of the best Will Clark cards I've ever seen! Great cards :)

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Finishing the month off strong, 3 1/1s:

DunstonJr.jpg
Rondon.jpg

Wood.jpg

Picked up a 128 year old card:
(Ned Williamson, set HR record in 1884 that Babe Ruth broke in 1919)

Williamson.jpg

Split up the mini boxes of a Topps Museum box with a buddy (my first box in a couple years) and pulled this:

Clemens.jpg

And of course it wouldn't be a pickup post from me without a button card, my 50th:

Castro.jpg

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
selah150pslm you would think they would use a yankees patch or put a pic of him in the boston uni. Sweet card though.
U2me57 Nice Thome!

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Nice cards everyone! Some of these were last month, but here are my latest pick-ups:

Lot 1 (cheap; very cheap)
0715_0001_zpsji1jnpgq.jpg

Lot 2 (just needed the Bynum)
0715_0002_zps7p1cpv96.jpg

0715_0003_zpsk6pmpoub.jpg

Others
0715_0004_zpsbwf7hud1.jpg

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Nice pickups guys. Selah I didn't know about Williamson , that a neat card

Ryan

Some more of the info I found, since it wouldn't be a HR record without an asterisk.

The Cubs (White Stockings at the time) played at Union Base-Ball Grounds where the fences were so close (less than 200 feet down each line, 300 to center) that all balls hit over the fence were ruled doubles. In their final season at the park they changed the ground rules to makes balls hit over the fences count as home runs. Williamson led with 27 as the Cubs had the top 4 and 7 of the top 9 HR hitters of that year (Cap Anson was 4th with 21, King Kelly was 6th at 13).

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Some more of the info I found, since it wouldn't be a HR record without an asterisk.

The Cubs (White Stockings at the time) played at Union Base-Ball Grounds where the fences were so close (less than 200 feet down each line, 300 to center) that all balls hit over the fence were ruled doubles. In their final season at the park they changed the ground rules to makes balls hit over the fences count as home runs. Williamson led with 27 as the Cubs had the top 4 and 7 of the top 9 HR hitters of that year (Cap Anson was 4th with 21, King Kelly was 6th at 13).

Ah cool thanks! Imagine 200/300 ft fields ;)

Ryan

Members online