Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew May 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Byron Buxton colliding into the wall somehow reminded me of a bug hitting a car :eek: He scrapes his head after whipping on the warning track. That's the sign of someone not hitting well and trying to make up for it with amazing D.

I watched it, swearing at oddorizzi the whole time, coughing up the lead like that. Buxton may never hit like the top prospect he was but the dude plays hard. His glove flew like 15 feet he was going so fast. Probably not a hall of famer but he deserves some respect from all those overtalented ass clowns that loaf their way through the game.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
[MENTION=13789]bstanwood[/MENTION] I can see you responded to me on my main page but your post doesn't show up for me here.. last one took an hour to show up. strange.

The last time I opened Bowman was the year Buxton was the big $$$ card. Saw a red refractor in a pack.... . . slowly peeled it back to see a Twins logo :eek:
but it was not him. darn.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I give up on Bowman altogether. I've been to numerous Walmarts and Targets and can't seem to find any. My local Target manager, who just so happens to be a card flipper, bought every Mega Box before it hit the floor. I think it was a scumbag move but then again, who am I? The ********* could have atleast let me know it was in and let me have a crack at a couple boxes. But he is selfish just like many are and he purchased them out of the back room before any could be set out. Assshole.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I give up on Bowman altogether. I've been to numerous Walmarts and Targets and can't seem to find any. My local Target manager, who just so happens to be a card flipper, bought every Mega Box before it hit the floor. I think it was a scumbag move but then again, who am I? The ********* could have atleast let me know it was in and let me have a crack at a couple boxes. But he is selfish just like many are and he purchased them out of the back room before any could be set out. Assshole.

Yeah I wont even be trying this year... its not going to be worth the gas going around towns when they never seem to hit the floor anymore. I've been in the same boat in the past. What sucks was the time they put out a fresh box which was supposed to guarantee 2 autos or something and I bought it all but zero autos. :( so they pack searched...

I made it to Days of Future Past 1 in my Xmen viewing. Those might be my favorite episodes. I don't think Bishop was in the movie version which was shttier.

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Whats new?

I am anticipating a US chess national column will post one of my nice corr wins. It would be the best of both worlds, not only a nice a dominant game but in a system I rarely play so people trying to prepare for me in the future will be thrown off. We shall see.

Looks like Mike Trout took a break from terrorizing the Yanks, mercy rule in effect! :p

Finished part 2 of Days of Future Past and it was great..... my terrible memory was a bonus, as I completely forgot everything that happened so it was like watching it anew! :lol:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
BIG MAN J.V. didn't have elite stuff today but still managed to pitch a great game against the Yankees, giving up only 1 run thru 6.2 IP & striking out 5, walking none.

His TRIPLE CROWN Rankings

7 Wins - 1st
1.11 ERA - 1st
98 Strikeouts - 3rd

Where does he rank in the other statistical categories you may ask? Well....

0.71 WHIP - 1st
3.2 fWAR - 1st
3.2 rWAR - 1st
.153 BAA - 1st
81.1 IP - 1st

He's also ranks within the top 10 in K/9, BB/9 & K/BB.

But wait a second...why I haven't I thought of this before........ does the JV in [MENTION=12485]JVHaste[/MENTION] username stand for.....Justin Verlander???? Is that you, my hero??? Is it really you??

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
My newly acquired pitching asset for my fantasy team, Trevor Cahill, is pitching just as good as big man JV up to this point in the game....5 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 5 K...of course his competition is much easier.

He is putting a charge into my fantasy team AnalDischarge!!!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I mean, I'd hate to jinx him but Cahill is actually pitching a better game than Verlander up to this point in the game....7 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 0 BB, 5 K (22 points + 2.5 for quality start)

I hope it's his final inning of work cuz he has no support and I'm worried I just jinxed Cahill by saying nice things about him.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The magnificent & marvelous magical Mariners are at it again, playing a game of Marco polo while the Rangers attempt at ******* them has fallen short so far.

Marco Gonzales has pitched a good game, 6 scoreless innings (1 unearned run) has lowered his ERA down to 3.60 & believe it or not, he's actually been unlucky and pitched better than that ERA suggests, as he's got a 3.28 FIP on the season. He's on pace for a 3.5 fWAR season

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
BIG MAN J.V. didn't have elite stuff today but still managed to pitch a great game against the Yankees, giving up only 1 run thru 6.2 IP & striking out 5, walking none.

His TRIPLE CROWN Rankings

7 Wins - 1st
1.11 ERA - 1st
98 Strikeouts - 3rd

Where does he rank in the other statistical categories you may ask? Well....

0.71 WHIP - 1st
3.2 fWAR - 1st
3.2 rWAR - 1st
.153 BAA - 1st
81.1 IP - 1st

He's also ranks within the top 10 in K/9, BB/9 & K/BB.

But wait a second...why I haven't I thought of this before........ does the JV in [MENTION=12485]JVHaste[/MENTION] username stand for.....Justin Verlander???? Is that you, my hero??? Is it really you??

Yes, it stands for JustinVerlanderHaste because I have so many of his Superfractors. Whats interesting is while I can always win the Supers on Ebay I usually only get second on gameused jerseys, socks, and undies from a ebayuser "JVcuck69" :-| IMO the rivalry between JVHaste and JVCuck is the biggest on the 'bay.

The Mariners are rolling indeed, even though they've played a few weaker teams of late its still hard to believe they're 13 games over .500 . Marco has got to about 20 innings without giving up an earned run, the pitching seemed to kick in for this team the same week the hitting died.

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hope all the Night Crew (and the lurkers!) had a good Memorial Day. Did some nice burger grilling here.

I got 2 solid rounds in the USCF blitz rated games and won both. I was in control the whole time but didn't see the W in the first one for a while but I had him completely immobilized. This day I probably had the mental energy to go 5 rounds but I left after R2 due to the grilling posted above.

.....and I have a few bottles of wine now, you know what that means!!! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urjc_iQ3dWI

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Today is "bring your dog to the park" day for Mariners... so I guess that sht smell isn't Felix Hernandez??? :eek:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Watching those Xmen... Mister Sinister has to be one of the weakest baddies around.

1. His mutant power seems to be healing. . . so he has no offensive threat at all.
2. Dude still has his baby teeth. What is he, 35? 40?? man up!
3. Diamond on his face isn't real, he needs a gem makeover.

Members online

Latest posts