Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ARod To Play His Final Game Friday 8/12, Then Become Team Advisor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
He will be on a different team by the time the rosters expand to 40. Why not take a flier on a bench guy, much like Jim Thome in his final year plus.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
They are really hosing Arod, i mean if it aint playin cut him. Not his biggest fan but the yankees look like **** doing it this way.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Even though I'm an ARod collector and you guys may think my statement may be biased, I truly don't understand why he is not in the lineup tonight. I thought he was going to play last night but not playing him tonight seems really weird.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Even though I'm an ARod collector and you guys may think my statement may be biased, I truly don't understand why he is not in the lineup tonight. I thought he was going to play last night but not playing him tonight seems really weird.

They wanted to win!

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Linuxabuser

I'm not getting into an argument but contrary to your statement, they started two guys who are batting sub .200 and 4 other guys batting less than .260. ARod's days are dwindling down to nothing and, despite his personality, bad decision making and lies, still deserves a few more ABs in his career when his career is on its final countdown. I believe it would be different if the Yanks really were trying to make the playoffs. They truthfully gave up a week or two ago. But who am I to make an opinion? I'm no major leaguer or coach. I guess I'm just wanting to see a few more swings.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Linuxabuser

I'm not getting into an argument but contrary to your statement, they started two guys who are batting sub .200 and 4 other guys batting less than .260. ARod's days are dwindling down to nothing and, despite his personality, bad decision making and lies, still deserves a few more ABs in his career when his career is on its final countdown. I believe it would be different if the Yanks really were trying to make the playoffs. They truthfully gave up a week or two ago. But who am I to make an opinion? I'm no major leaguer or coach. I guess I'm just wanting to see a few more swings.

Oh I was just being sarcastic. I'm a huge Yankees fan, and was hoping to see him crush a few more against Boston tonight.

Members online