Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Membership Drive Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Also- I'd trim some of the boards or combine them.

Ever go to a different city or a beach town and you're wandering around with your wife looking for a place to eat? You walk by a nice looking restaurant but it's empty? You usually keep walking .

Some boards are never posted in. The football board gets a few post in a whole month. Get rid of some or combine. The TTM area can come to baseball.

Makes the whole place look like it's dying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Is it against ebay policy if fcb made business cards and we threw them in purchases?

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
EBay does not like its affiliates advertizing on their platform. Its grey territory but at certain times they have considered the actual packages part of their platform.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
I can see y they would not want a business advertising but it looks like a message board wouldn't have a negative effect on their business, maybe the opposite. How many cards have sold on eBay because of JP's daily post?

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
IMO one of the bigger issues we face is the creation of new threads.
I agree. It's not just that we need new members, the participation is really lacking the last few years among our active members.

And it's not just about making new threads. It's participating in threads that other people make.
I understand that most threads won't cater to each member's specific collecting tastes and interests, but there are oftentimes threads that ask broad fun questions that everyone can participate in, like when BBCgalaxee and others make threads about your favorite card designs, or collecting memories or other questions that everyone has an opinion about.

Those threads will sometimes have 100-200 views, but only five responses. I know when people read a thread that asks what your favorite set design is, the answer pops in your head, or you have fun thinking about all the different cards you've collected and. So why the hesitation to type an answer in these types of threads?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
i may be waaaaaay off base with this , but one thing i will say is that 95% of the posts i see by johnryno are exactly the type of off-putting , offensive , and highly inappropriate sort of content that will not ATTRACT potential new members but actually drive them (as well as some current members) away....

For sure. Threadcrapping is a thing, and it's part of the Blowout mentality.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
i may be waaaaaay off base with this , but one thing i will say is that 95% of the posts i see by johnryno are exactly the type of off-putting , offensive , and highly inappropriate sort of content that will not ATTRACT potential new members but actually drive them (as well as some current members) away....

That same material that is "offensive, off-putting & inappropriate" to you may be considered humorous to others so it may indeed attract new members just as it may drive some current members away. It's not like Ryno is making racist comments, attacking other people's beliefs or making violent threats. For the most part he just posts a gif here in there that may be offensive to some but funny to others.

We have had this thing where we let people be themselves forever. Remember the whole miggy fiasco?

This is how it should be and I applaud you for it. People are different, no need to attack them for it.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
That same material that is "offensive, off-putting & inappropriate" to you may be considered humorous to others so it may indeed attract new members just as it may drive some current members away. It's not like Ryno is making racist comments, attacking other people's beliefs or making violent threats. For the most part he just posts a gif here in there that may be offensive to some but funny to others.

This is how it should be and I applaud you for it. People are different, no need to attack them for it.
No, it's annoying...

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I think you're the only one who finds it humorous and responds to him. An occasional gif is fine, but that's 95% of his posts, and most are crude and unrelated to baseball cards, bringing absolutely nothing to this board. Newcomers see it and think we're Blowout-lite. Save the ***** jokes for the off-topic board.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Death2. No. Its bad content most of the time. It can be done in a funny manner and sometimes it is. Most of the time the meme game is weak. Yes I'm calling him out for weak memes.

I think you're the only one who finds it humorous and responds to him. An occasional gif is fine, but that's 95% of his posts, and most are crude and unrelated to baseball cards, bringing absolutely nothing to this board. Newcomers see it and think we're Blowout-lite. Save the ***** jokes for the off-topic board.

I suppose. After all, I am biased on the subject.

He keeps most of his gifs under one thread. I do the same in responding with gifs. I suppose we just took a thread and made it our own. Still, I can see where the problem lies, while it's kept away from contaminating the rest of the forum (for the most part), it's something that belongs under the off-topic section, not baseball.

Members online