Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Created a New Trading Card Product Line! UPDATE - Watch me Build a Frank Thomas 1/1 ON CAMERA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Here is a fun custom cuts card using junk wax! 1992 Fleer Frank Thomas and 1992 Fleer wrapper...

frank2.jpg

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
There was never a chance that you were going to please everyone with a custom design, but I'm glad you are sticking with it and not concerned about a few dissenters.

The design is fantastic. The product is incredible, and I don't use that term lightly. I'm glad that you are making strides because you are one of the best at what you do, and it's helping other collectors fill voids in their collections. Keep 'em coming!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] & [MENTION=8883]EtherealSOC[/MENTION] - thanks to you both for the kind words!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I thought I'd do a little instructional video (which also shows a small improvement in the kit!) where I put together a cut signature card using an 8x10 and a base card.

The result? A crotch-a-riffic cut auto 1/1 custom! LOL (video below!)

89score.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2etkfDjlckQ

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
T - somehow I missed this thread until now. Clearly my loss! You got me thinking about some cards for sure.

Skill + Passion = a hell of a great way to make some money and deliver happiness

All the best and I will be in touch once when I pick one to start with!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
A few exciting additions. First, I shaved.

Second, I got my first youtube testimonial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Jcr9bNy_A

"Tanner my video is up of my custom cut cards. WOW just WOW these are beautiful. I will be ordering more this week. Thank you for all of your hard work. I may have a few other projects to talk to you about but i will email you. Me and my wife had a blast putting these together."

Third, I made a modification based upon bethanyb1201's suggestion via pm yesterday. I'm not sure if this is exactly what was meant, but the suggestion came at a perfect time as I was looking to re-work the template that comes in my custom cuts kit anyway.

Here is a graphical representation of it:

frank5.jpg

Watch me put together a Frank Thomas cut auto in about 10 minutes using a damaged auto, a picture I took with my phone and one of my Custom Cuts kits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Y1xhdqi_A

Just a few pics to show of the progression:

The damaged autograph (I have looked FOREVER to figure out who sent this to me. If this is you, please speak up - I'd love to give you a shout out!)

frank1.jpg

A picture of me and Frank a few years ago:
frank2.jpg

I decided to get a little fancy with this, and photoshop myself out of it. (I would have never in a million years thought I would have EVER photoshopped myself OUT of a pic with the Big Hurt!)

frank3.jpg

The final product!
frank4.jpg

Annndddd... everything together:
frank6.jpg

Oh, and thanks [MENTION=5961]MisterT[/MENTION] !

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I like how you fudged this digital card to have the cut sig fit the window better than the actual card produced. The one you made in the video, the top of the F touches or goes underneath the opening, and you fixed the second F being close to the picture oval.

frank4.jpg

I can see the pre-cut windows being a hindrance to many autographs. Do you provide an emailable 100% scale template that people could print out and use to see if their auto material will fit?

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I like how you fudged this digital card to have the cut sig fit the window better than the actual card produced. The one you made in the video, the top of the F touches or goes underneath the opening, and you fixed the second F being close to the picture oval.

frank4.jpg

I can see the pre-cut windows being a hindrance to many autographs. Do you provide an emailable 100% scale template that people could print out and use to see if their auto material will fit?

I wasn't trying to fudge anything; I just forgot to scan the Thomas autograph before I made the card, (d'oh!) so I had to find one on google. The one on google had the autograph VERY close to the picture (more so than the one on mine) so I photoshopped it a bit. The autograph you see in the pic you quoted is actually not the autograph I used at all.

To go even further, I photoshopped the scribbling to make it looks similar to the card I cut up, AND of course, in the picture, I erased out some areas to make the autographed card look trashed - just to give ideas to the folks who don't actually watch the video. :) Last but not least, you may or may not have noticed, but the "heavenly glow" around Big Frank is less noticeable in my graphics when compared to the one on the video. I showed my wife the card, and she said it was too overpowering, so I toned it down - I think that brought him back down to HOF status from heavenly angel status. :D

An emailed template is a good idea for those who may want it, however I do have the dimensions posted on the front page of my site, so I think the ruler would probably be their best bet.

Last edited:

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Kinda big deal
aa68732e67b56168084a9063a1329b4f.jpg

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

Thanks for posting this! I'm pretty pumped about it.

Is it just me or does this creation looks much better than the Topps Transcendent cards? You can buy a lot of these kits for the Topps price tag.

Thanks! I ran the numbers, and at its peak of $27,000, it looks like one could have purchased 901 Custom Cuts kits. :)

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Just a few other things ....

After I was tweeted out, this is what happened with the traffic:

traffic.jpg

Cool stuff!

Also, as a thank you to Darren for tweeting out my link, I created a digital edition card for him commemorating his 89 Fleer Rick Face story. (Black box version used for obvious reasons!)

darren2.jpg

Oh, and finally, to commemorate Rogue One Day, a family pic w/ticket relic:

starwars.jpg

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
You have great boobs, Tanner!

But on a more serious note (even though I was being serious ;) ) this is an absolutely brilliant idea

The design is really well done in my opinion, nice clean look and just the right amount of gold foil. Thumbs up. I have some ideas brewing in my head, once I figure out exactly what I want to do I'll be sure to order some.

If you don't mind I'll throw in a few bits of my $.02 (even though my two cents is only worth about $.002 ::sigh:: )...

1. Please link your website in your sig if you don't mind...I did bookmark it but it will help remind me to hop on and buy some when the time comes around.

2. Maybe put a link on the top right of your website (between 'Instructional Video' and 'Contact Us' perhaps?) that jumps down to the section where you can type in your card code.

3. Have slight discounts for bulk orders....$27.95 per if you buy 5 or more, $24.95 per if you buy 10 or more, $21.95 per if you buy 20 or more. (For example, just throwing some numbers out there) That would give a little more incentive for people to buy more of them at a time.

That's all I have for now...I hope this works out for ya Tanner. Can't wait to see some of the cards people come up with :)

mouschi

May 18, 2012
The design is really well done in my opinion, nice clean look and just the right amount of gold foil. Thumbs up. I have some ideas brewing in my head, once I figure out exactly what I want to do I'll be sure to order some.

If you don't mind I'll throw in a few bits of my $.02 (even though my two cents is only worth about $.002 ::sigh:: )...

1. Please link your website in your sig if you don't mind...I did bookmark it but it will help remind me to hop on and buy some when the time comes around.

2. Maybe put a link on the top right of your website (between 'Instructional Video' and 'Contact Us' perhaps?) that jumps down to the section where you can type in your card code.

3. Have slight discounts for bulk orders....$27.95 per if you buy 5 or more, $24.95 per if you buy 10 or more, $21.95 per if you buy 20 or more. (For example, just throwing some numbers out there) That would give a little more incentive for people to buy more of them at a time.

That's all I have for now...I hope this works out for ya Tanner. Can't wait to see some of the cards people come up with :)

Great ideas! About to hop downstairs for some after work family time, but I'm going to take a look into this stuff more later. Thanks again!

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
[MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION], do you want/need this card? Picked it up with u in mind
1993 topps red stamp buyback
IMG_20161218_130116.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts