Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trip down memory lane: 1999-2001 Donruss Foil Stamped Show Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Who has any of the foil stamped, non-serial numbered Donruss cards from 1999-2001 with the commerative stamps from major card shows? I purchased a collection that has a sweet run of the same card (1998 Donruss Signature) with many stamps from the largest national shows of the era. Wondering if other player collectors have similar cards? In 2002, Donruss switched to the Chicago Collection stamps with serial numbers, and National cards were embossed but no foil. Got a bunch of those too, plus old Pacific minor show embossed cards. But these gold foil 1999-2001 cards are really a trip down memory lane for me with some gone-but-not-forgotten national shows. Love to see other players with these types of stamps from these three years.

1999:
Sportsfest (Philadelphia), Sportsfest (Chicago), The National (Atlanta)

pacificstamps1999.jpg

2000:
Wizard World (Chicago), The National (Anaheim), Sportsfest (Chicago), Gen Con (Milwaukee), Comic Con (San Diego)

pacificstamps2000.jpg

2001:
Gen Con (Milwaukee), MLB Fan Fest (Seattle), Wizard World (Chicago), The National (Cleveland), Comic Con (San Diego)
pacificstamps2001.jpg

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I've got quite a few of these for my guys. Is this list "complete" or are there more, potentially, out there?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I know at the Seattle show, they would only "officially" stamp cards you pulled from packs in front of them. Not sure if there was any funny business with regard to stamping cards that were not pulled, but that collection would lead me to believe it was very possible.

Members online

Latest posts