Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What type of cards do you use Toploaders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tmcd05

Aug 6, 2015
Baltimore, MD
Curious to see who on here uses Toploaders and on what type of cards?

#/#'d, Variations, autos, relics, parallels, refractors, prizm refractors, Rookie Cards and maybe some others.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Autos and rare refractors

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I use them mainly for autographs and some low numbered cards. I also use them for some of my more expensive vintage cards.
DANNY

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Every card in my possession is sleeved. Everything from Topps Heritage SPs and Chromes and up are in toploaders. Magnetics for gu/auto.

Jun 27, 2013
Seattle, WA
As far as my Edgar PC goes, I penny sleeve and topload autos, game used, serial numbered and a few rarer cards that don't fit into those categories (such as '98 Tek diffractors). Everything else I put in binders. Dupes go into 800 count boxes.

Tmcd05

Aug 6, 2015
Baltimore, MD
As far as my Edgar PC goes, I penny sleeve and topload autos, game used, serial numbered and a few rarer cards that don't fit into those categories (such as '98 Tek diffractors). Everything else I put in binders. Dupes go into 800 count boxes.

Yea I'm basically the exact same. I'll penny sleeve and place in a binder for some of my refractors.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
When to use a toploader is a card you'd be sad to get damaged and you want max security.

A key time to not use toploaders is TTM, just wrap the card plain in your "I'm a big fanboy, please sign" note and send with a SASE. If you send with a toploader either will sign the toploader, damage the card trying to get it out, or not sign at all. You'd be surprised how little they get damaged in the mail.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I put all HOFer's, 60's-older, key rc's, key 1st bowman, better gu/auto's/#'d. All ip signed cards, other #'d, low-end gu/autos all go in penny sleeves but no top loaders.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
For my A's collection Topps Black/Pink, Bowman Chrome Gold/Orange Refractors, and patches automatically go in toploaders regardless of value. For everything else it's generally cards with a $5+ sale value. About $20+ value go in one-touches, as well as any non-plate 1/1's regardless of how much I paid.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
All PC base, serial numbered, and low value cards go in pennysleeves, then top loaders and team bags. Cheaper GU and autos go in snaptights or screwdowns and team bags. All nicer GU and auto cards go in magnetic 1 touch cases and teambags

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I use top loaders for all my thick cards, usually jersey cards that won't fit in a card saver. I really like the card saver 1's over top loaders because they are a lot thinner and I can store 3 times as many cards in the same space. And after 30 years of collecting, space becomes important.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts