Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Collection Complete!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
As a side project I've been collecting John McDonald cards since his days in Cleveland. Great defense, great guy, and little competition for his cards. There have been 142 total cards of his made, of which 40 are printing plates and 8 are 1/1's. That leaves 94 cards on my want-list, and I just tracked down the final card. It's a pretty small victory, but had to share!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's at least one McDonald card that Beckett does not catalog: 2006 Topps Update Limited Edition:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...6-topps-update-limited-edition-parallels.html

McDonald is one of a long line of stars to come from my alma mater (Providence College), along with Lou Merloni, Birdie Tebbetts...some pitcher who sucked with the Cubs in 2007-08....oh, and a guy who was 1/6 with the Orioles in 2005!

That's what happens when your school has to cut baseball because of Title IX.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's at least one McDonald card that Beckett does not catalog: 2006 Topps Update Limited Edition:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...6-topps-update-limited-edition-parallels.html

McDonald is one of a long line of stars to come from my alma mater (Providence College), along with Lou Merloni, Birdie Tebbetts...some pitcher who sucked with the Cubs in 2007-08....oh, and a guy who was 1/6 with the Orioles in 2005!

:eek:

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009

Sheeesh, you could've let me enjoy it for a week or so. (head explodes)

Actually that's good news... another fun one to hunt down!

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I have passed on a couple 1/1's, and I couldn't care less about the plates. There are only a handful and the prices were more than I thought was reasonable. $50 for a Topps Platinum? Naw, I'll apply that $ to a Vizquel card I'd rather have anyway.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=7090]brian46256qqv[/MENTION] - That is a really nice gesture. Looks like the card is in great shape too lol

Members online

Latest posts