Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Great stuff Tanner (other than calling the 1997 Diamond 1996 ;)). I love that card, the 24kt and the Legends Die Cut. They are great and tough cards. I regret moving my Essential Credential a few years ago as I haven't been able to recoup it.

Ryan

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Great stuff Tanner (other than calling the 1997 Diamond 1996 ;)). I love that card, the 24kt and the Legends Die Cut. They are great and tough cards. I regret moving my Essential Credential a few years ago as I haven't been able to recoup it.

Ryan

Dang it - fixed! :)

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Tanner those Cansecos are legit man!

ab8d5502cb4e8640b642aa4dcc6b8a4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
HOLY WOW! 1992 Ace Prototype oversized blankback/fronts were just listed on eBay. Lots of players mentioned on these threads. Clark, Canseco, Griffey, Dawson, etc.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
[MENTION=11496]goobmcnasty[/MENTION], the standard versions of these cards are extremely difficult to find. It took me about 16 or 17 years to find and buy the 4 different Puckett cards from the release.

There appears to be very little to no information about the available players from the release and a lot of collectors seem to be seeing their players for the first time. With that said, I think that these blank back/fronts even more difficult to find than the standard versions.

I've been collecting Puckett cards for nearly 30 years and have seen the standard version of these cards on want lists that I found online or recieved from other collectors over the years. I couldn't find any info about them or pictures anywhere until I found my first one in '98 or '99 on eBay. I then found the other three from private collectors who sold off their collections, the last two I bought in 2011. The cards have always been notated as "prototypes" on every list I've ever seen. The company who made them was attempting to get a MLB license, but was unsuccessful. These cards where supposed to be prototypes used in that attempt to secure the license to make/sell them. Since they failed, the cards were supposed to be destroyed, but some made their way into the market. Which ones, who knows, how many, who knows...

I believe proof was used on these since they appear to be unfinished or perhaps an actual proof of some sort because of the blank back/front versions of the cards on the sheet they were cut from.

You're right though a sheet can be cut to any size and the term "proof" is often attached to them, right or wrong...

I posted pictures of my 4 Puckett's on the promo/sample thread if you care to see them. These cards have always intrigued me!!!

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
how could i say no when it was your most wanted card??? ;)

looks awesome in the magnetic, glad it arrived safely

Huge shout out to gradedeflator for hooking me up with my most wanted card! Saw an image he posted of it and he was kind enough to work out a deal with me :) Thanks again man, really appreciate it!

Members online