Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OMG $125k Ruth Holy Grail!!!!! LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
So this guy has been posting on Twitter about his 2011 Topps Ruth Canary being the modern day holy grail of Ruth cards and he is selling it $125k firm.

His Twitter: https://twitter.com/thirdbasecards?s=09

Original thread of the guy who pulled it saying he sold it for 1k.

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1444711.html

And a thread a few years later of him saying how he bought it for $400 and it worth so much more and he turned down a 5k offer for it.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=452980

Apparently he had the Hosmer at some point as well that he wanted 5k for which apparently ended up selling for just over 300.

It's all pretty entertaining and figured I'd share it you needed a good laugh.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Guys, it's just hype. He's only trying to get traffic at his booth, where the best card is probably this green Ruth 1/1. Let him have fun on Twitter.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
lol, well that thread from BO brought back good memories! The Hosmer thread was pretty hilarious too. He was claiming it was worth so much because of his stance on the card. Apparently it was the only photo of Hosmer taken in that particular stance and made it worth thousands of dollars more or something ridiculous like that.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
lol, well that thread from BO brought back good memories! The Hosmer thread was pretty hilarious too. He was claiming it was worth so much because of his stance on the card. Apparently it was the only photo of Hosmer taken in that particular stance and made it worth thousands of dollars more or something ridiculous like that.

lol, I blocked him on twitter. he was trying to follow me on his alt accounts, blocked them too.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
lol, I blocked him on twitter. he was trying to follow me on his alt accounts, blocked them too.

Yeah, the dude is a weirdo for sure but he was a great source of laughter back then on BO. This was the comment he made in regards to why he thought his Hosmer RC was the holy grail of Hosmer RC's that had me cracking up:

theblacksuit - "Please try to understand the attributes of what makes a great baseball card. Ok, if Hosmer was running or something on the card then yes maybe it would only be worth $100 dollars. However, Hosmer is in full swing mode and it has created a beautiful action pose on his Rookie Card making it a stunning and RARE 1/1 ROOKIE CARD that anyone who understand prospecting would want. As for the seller who sold it to me, he simply should have known what he was selling."

Looks like I then made a sarcastic remark in response to why his Babe Ruth was the holy grail too.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Yeah, the dude is a weirdo for sure but he was a great source of laughter back then on BO. This was the comment he made in regards to why he thought his Hosmer RC was the holy grail of Hosmer RC's that had me cracking up:

theblacksuit - "Please try to understand the attributes of what makes a great baseball card. Ok, if Hosmer was running or something on the card then yes maybe it would only be worth $100 dollars. However, Hosmer is in full swing mode and it has created a beautiful action pose on his Rookie Card making it a stunning and RARE 1/1 ROOKIE CARD that anyone who understand prospecting would want. As for the seller who sold it to me, he simply should have known what he was selling."

Looks like I then made a sarcastic remark in response to why his Babe Ruth was the holy grail too.

dude is either insane or in straight up troll mode 24/7

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

EBay 1/1 action pose!!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

crypticfreak1

May 16, 2016
Funny thing is this guy acts like he has all the best cards yet has less than 200 feedback. The Homer was a joke. I knew he wouldn’t get more than a few hundred. The Ruth he may be lucky to get 1.5K