Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

^^^^^^ Saturday Morning Thread ^^^^^^

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks!

In a negotiation right now for another Dawson 1/1, this time a sketch card but its in a huge lot. Trying to get the card out of the lot, but either way the card should be mine tonight.

Hope that superfractor shows up for you!

If it ever does resurface I probably won't be able to afford it, but it would always be fun to complete a rainbow sometime

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
The closest I've been to one is the Mauer in my sig. That was thanks to the great guys in the MT. Florida Dave pulled the atomic, and gave me a discounted price, then I believe Dan and GC chipped in to help me afford it. My collection has come a long way in the 16-18 months or so since I grabbed all of these. I've started moving some of my Mauer and Span stuff, but the 2012 Topps Chrome Mauer stuff is staying with me

A_Pharis

Was able to reach a deal on this card that seems like has been eBay for forever:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291108456507?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Awesome!

Now, if only this dipstick would get a grip

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281288417539?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1432.l2649

Turns down $10 and $20. Last one sold for $8 (I forgot to set a snipe), and they regularly sell for under $12. Numerous copies have been listed for YEARS at $19.99 and up with no action. I send the guy a message asking him what value he has in mind since I've offered more than the usual sell price.

He replies with "If you find one under $30, you should buy it. There's no way I am going that low."

Me and [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] had a discussion about sellers like this - they don't want to sell those cards, really. I would say I am one of the top two prospective buyers of those cards.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
The closest I've been to one is the Mauer in my sig. That was thanks to the great guys in the MT. Florida Dave pulled the atomic, and gave me a discounted price, then I believe Dan and GC chipped in to help me afford it. My collection has come a long way in the 16-18 months or so since I grabbed all of these. I've started moving some of my Mauer and Span stuff, but the 2012 Topps Chrome Mauer stuff is staying with me

What an awesome gesture by the guys! Love the sig also!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Awesome!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281288417539?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1432.l2649

Turns down $10 and $20. Last one sold for $8 (I forgot to set a snipe), and they regularly sell for under $12. Numerous copies have been listed for YEARS at $19.99 and up with no action. I send the guy a message asking him what value he has in mind since I've offered more than the usual sell price.

He replies with "If you find one under $30, you should buy it. There's no way I am going that low."

Me and @Hawk8 had a discussion about sellers like this - they don't want to sell those cards, really. I would say I am one of the top two prospective buyers of those cards.

Just picked up this lot for the Dawson 1/1 sketch. He offers me the lot for $30 and I inquire about only buying the Dawson sketch card and he offers me the Dawson for $32 so I just bought the whole lot and I will try to get rid of the rest of the lot. If you guys see something you want in the lot then just let me know.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Awesome!

Me and @Hawk8 had a discussion about sellers like this - they don't want to sell those cards, really. I would say I am one of the top two prospective buyers of those cards.
Biggest thing I hate about ebay and shows.

I fully expect to see a LOT of unrealistic prices at the show tomorrow, and a lot of cards I'd like to buy that I end up passing on because sellers either bought in too high or have unrealistic expectations for what they can get out of a card. You would think with the proliferation of ebay and the internet in general, this would have gone away by now, but I can guarantee that several guys will pull out their copy of beckett tomorrow when I ask for a price on a card.

A_Pharis

Biggest thing I hate about ebay and shows.

I fully expect to see a LOT of unrealistic prices at the show tomorrow, and a lot of cards I'd like to buy that I end up passing on because sellers either bought in too high or have unrealistic expectations for what they can get out of a card. You would think with the proliferation of ebay and the internet in general, this would have gone away by now, but I can guarantee that several guys will pull out their copy of beckett tomorrow when I ask for a price on a card.

And then when you talk them down to - approximately - eBay prices, they tell you that you are "beating them up" and that you'll "make a few dollars if you list the cards since you got such a great deal."

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
And then when you talk them down to - approximately - eBay prices, they tell you that you are "beating them up" and that you'll "make a few dollars if you list the cards since you got such a great deal."
Because all they care about is making money.

I think a lot of these guys have forgotten that there are people out there who COLLECT cards.

I have seen cards at shows that I (and every other Dawson collector) were outbid on within a year's previous time.

Sellers will win cards and then relist them on ebay for double what they won it for. It's aggravating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts