Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Every MLB game ever on the web

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
This is one of those things that seems like a huge opportunity for MLB. It would be a huge investment, but so is your average veteran player. Take the 100+ years of video footage MLB had, and put it online, Netflix-style. I would love to watch actual games that I watched when I was a kid, see players I missed, even see games I attended (so I can watch myself catch a home run ball). Even just start small, with the All-star games, World Series, no-hitters, milestone games, etc. Add seasons at a time till we get to watch a whole franchise's history. Hopefully this happens before I die.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This is one of those things that seems like a huge opportunity for MLB. It would be a huge investment, but so is your average veteran player. Take the 100+ years of video footage MLB had, and put it online, Netflix-style. I would love to watch actual games that I watched when I was a kid, see players I missed, even see games I attended (so I can watch myself catch a home run ball). Even just start small, with the All-star games, World Series, no-hitters, milestone games, etc. Add seasons at a time till we get to watch a whole franchise's history. Hopefully this happens before I die.

First televised MLB game was Aug 26, 1939. So more like 75 years of video footage. You'll never have every MLB game ever on video, seeing as MLB goes back to 1876. You're missing the first 63 years completely, plus coverage was spotty for another two decades. First televised World Series was the '47 Series.

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
There's more to video than TV. Footage for MLB goes back to the teens at least, whether it's complete games or newsreel footage or whatever. I had hoped to avoid stating the obvious fact that not every game ever was caught on film.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I believe we'll have something like this in our lifetime (or at least a good majority of all televised games in history will be available).

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I've always wondered how much footage MLB actually has. Look at how much the MPAA has tossed over the years. Silent films thought to have no value, anything film made with nitrate (which was a good portion of pre 1952 reels), all the Kodak 35mm film that eroded, etc.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I've always wondered how much footage MLB actually has.

There is probably more sitting in wine cellars than in MLB Productions' inventory. ;)

Considering the manpower, I think MLB has done a great job already. Every MLB game going back a few years is available to watch, MLB Best that has a lot of historical games, and some of those games are even duplicated on DVDs (trying to recall the 10-DVD or so boxed set I have of some of MLB's Greatest Games).
Many complete world series broadcasts are even available on DVD like my 1988 Dodgers boxed DVD set. There is even WS films going back to 1943 with most if not all available on DVD - I know I have most of them on the DVD's in my collection but need to cross them off my checklist to see what I still need and find out if it's on DVD for me to obtain.

Members online