Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Estate Sale Finds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I'm not sure where the guy that is selling the collection lives but the estate sale was in Tacoma on the 4th of July

He is supposed to be having another one with the remainder of what was left plus a little more that he didn't get ready in time. I will probably have to go again even though I think I got what I wanted

Very cool, about time another good lot finds you! If you go again, make sure to look for Triple Threads/Museum Collection/etc. base and parallel cards. There seems to be collectors buying singles to build those sets, but you probably know that better than I do :)

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Not as good of a find as yesterday but they are still coming.

The Pujols PSA 8 was in a binder with a complete set - card #301 which is the single pujols rc. All the Ichiro's were there and all the other Pujols as well.

Ruth/Gehrig is /250 and books a lot higher than I thought it would but that doesn't mean much

Back of the binder had the other Pujols RC's and the Ichiro /201

and not a big name but the Mendez is /21

Attachments

• Platinum.jpg
    Platinum.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 117

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Great stuff for $40 a box. Here is one of the sets I got at the last sale. Sold the first for $190. Paid $15 for a bunch of stuff, these were in a binder. Had no idea of what they were or worth.
1970 Topps 3-d Superstars 60 card set.
1970FBset1.JPG1970FBset2.JPG1970FBset3.JPG1970FBset4.JPG1970FBset5.JPG1970FBset6.JPG1970FBset7.JPG

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada

Fortunately I happen to be on my computer this evening and checked out the forums, otherwise I would have missed the thread since as you said, tagging doesn't notify the person on mobile (which is what I use 95% of the time to read here).

Nice /25 "even though he's not a star"! :p

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
This one doesn't interest me as much as the other stuff I am finding but it is probably one of the better finds overall.

Left side is 1975 Topps the right side is 1975 Topps Mini except for the front which is regular.

Scan with the Brett is all minis in decent shape

other scan is highlights of the regular

Attachments

• 1975.jpg
    1975.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Mini.jpg
    Mini.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Topps.jpg
    Topps.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 86

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
If you find any rare Canseco cards please let me know :) I have the first day SCC - I do need a first day SCC refractor though #/25 if you run across that :)

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Congratulations on a good find. I doubt I'd buy any boxes if I wasn't allowed to look in them, but it seems like it might be a great return for you.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Congratulations on a good find. I doubt I'd buy any boxes if I wasn't allowed to look in them, but it seems like it might be a great return for you.

It wasn't quite you couldn't look at any cards. The boxes with the cardboard boxes I was able to see what sets they were. The boxes with binders it was easy to take a quick flip through the binders without causing backup. I saw the Johnson/Maddux/and a grouping of Stadium Club Refractors /25 without really looking. I didn't see the archives or the pujols rookies etc. But I got enough of an idea. And at $40 a box the quantity alone seemed like you wouldn't be overpaying.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Complete 1-109 Set including Autos and Jerseys of 2002 Upper Deck Premiere Prospects
Joe Mauer Jersey
Prince Fielder Auto
Greinke Auto
Lester RC

Pretty crazy little find. Debating on selling it as a set but don't see anything close to it.

Attachments

• FielderGreinke.jpg
    FielderGreinke.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 84

A_Pharis

Complete 1-109 Set including Autos and Jerseys of 2002 Upper Deck Premiere Prospects
Joe Mauer Jersey
Prince Fielder Auto
Greinke Auto
Lester RC

Pretty crazy little find. Debating on selling it as a set but don't see anything close to it.

Nice! Selling as a set seems like a good thing to do, but - to be honest - the guy carrying to load would be Fielder. Lots like that scare people off, because they really -likely - JUST want the Fielder.

I'd sell off those few worth a little bit by themselves.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Joe Mauer Jersey
Prince Fielder Auto
Greinke Auto
Lester RC

Man that was such a great set though. So many cards that were hot at one point

Members online