Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Amazing Babe Ruth Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wow. That is the boldest Ruth I have ever seen if legit (I wouldn't know because in honesty I haven't looked at thousand. Impressive either way)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
That's a beautiful autograph and a great collectible.

I will say that when it comes to the medium signed, a book or piece of paper is much easier to find in high grade than a baseball, and a book may be the perfect medium to see autographs that look like this because books are often kept closed and that means it would not have been faded due to sunlight.

Still an incredible piece.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008

I will say that when it comes to the medium signed, a book or piece of paper is much easier to find in high grade than a baseball, and a book may be the perfect medium to see autographs that look like this because books are often kept closed and that means it would not have been faded due to sunlight.

That's right! Not to mention that players are usually very proud of their books (whether or not they were ghostwritten), so they usually take their time and give their best, most complete signature. This doesn't apply to Ruth, who was incredibly consistent (players back then generally were).

Love me some signed books! I have over 100 signed baseball books (including that same Ruth book, one of the jewels of my HOF collection). I'd post photos here, but, ya know (see signature below).

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

That's right! Not to mention that players are usually very proud of their books (whether or not they were ghostwritten), so they usually take their time and give their best, most complete signature. This doesn't apply to Ruth, who was incredibly consistent (players back then generally were).

Love me some signed books! I have over 100 signed baseball books (including that same Ruth book, one of the jewels of my HOF collection). I'd post photos here, but, ya know (see signature below).

Am I right to assume this had to be signed just, months at the most, before his death?

Members online

Latest posts