Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

An eBay complaint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I dunno why they do it, it annoys the crap outta me.... Why does eBay mark items shipped just because a label has been made? I don't track every item but there are times I do and there will be times when an item was "shipped" and doesn't actually get picked up for two more days. I don't have a solution, I just like to compassion sometimes. Pinnacle of first world problems I think

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I dunno why they do it, it annoys the crap outta me.... Why does eBay mark items shipped just because a label has been made? I don't track every item but there are times I do and there will be times when an item was "shipped" and doesn't actually get picked up for two more days. I don't have a solution, I just like to compassion sometimes. Pinnacle of first world problems I think

They have to start tracking at some point because the tracking numbers are created in the system when label is printed. How else would they do it? They can't rely on the USPS to scan every item into the system. Instead of saying shipped, would it be better to have tracking label created?

Last edited:

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Remember the days when you had to email a seller and ask if he mailed yet? Then ask for a tracking number? Then go to the courier's website? Then click on track package? Then type in the ridiculously long tracking number and hope you didn't enter it wrong?

Having to figure out that "shipped" actually means "label created" is a fair trade for me.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Remember the days when you had to email a seller and ask if he mailed yet? Then ask for a tracking number? Then go to the courier's website? Then click on track package? Then type in the ridiculously long tracking number and hope you didn't enter it wrong?

Having to figure out that "shipped" actually means "label created" is a fair trade for me.

Indeed

Current system works for me just fine

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I suppose I get the process but at the same time I've had a few outbursts on a Saturday night or Sunday when I get the shipped notification...It hasn't gone anywhere, stop lying to me.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
If they print the label then, no, it's not going anywhere. If they did it Saturday and got it to a Post Office prior to the truck dispatch, it does move Sunday. We don't deliver, but the mail is processed on Sundays.
- Post Office employee
I don't trust the government or any of it's employees...... On the real, thanks for the info

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Exactly! That package ain't going no where Sunday at 6 am

or for the next 14 days with all the sellers I seem to be dealing with lately.

I wish Ebay's system considered the item shipped when USPS accepts the package, not when the seller "creates" a label and takes 2 weeks to mail it.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
or for the next 14 days with all the sellers I seem to be dealing with lately.

I wish Ebay's system considered the item shipped when USPS accepts the package, not when the seller "creates" a label and takes 2 weeks to mail it.

You guys know you can scroll your mouse over the tracking # and it will give you updates, right?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
It's not eBay or Post Office fault that the seller doesn't ship it as soon as the label is printed. When they print the label, it generates a unique shipping number that is then uploaded for you to track. Seller can sit for 3 days before actually sending. What do you want the PO or eBay to do? It does say "label generated and awaiting pickup", "acceptance scan" and such when shipper does actually receives it. So they are actually doing all they can. They can't control actions of the seller.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Seller can sit for 3 days before actually sending.

Or 14 days...

What do you want the PO or eBay to do? It does say "label generated and awaiting pickup", "acceptance scan" and such when shipper does actually receives it. So they are actually doing all they can. They can't control actions of the seller.

ebay isn't doing all it can. As I said in my other post, ebay shouldn't mark the item in their system as shipped (or give the buyer a shipped notification email/mobile alert) until the USPS tracking shows the item is accepted rather than when USPS tracking shows label created. Sellers get 3 days -- or 21 days -- to ship the item while getting ebay credit for having shipped it when they haven't.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Can I get in on the complaining?

Just sold two items to the same buyer. Happened to be online when the auctions ended, so I sent a combined invoice requesting he pay for them both at the same time (unsaid, but so I wouldn't be docked the extra 30 cents by Paypal and to make it easier to send them both in the same envelope).

15 minutes later I check my email...yep, two separate Paypal payments from the same guy. Got docked the 30 cents each time, and I wasn't sure if I had to then send them separately with separate tracking numbers to prove they were both sent, which of course for a lightweight item almost doubles the shipping cost because of economies of scale.

Refunded payment via Paypal. But, hey, guess what, Paypal docked me 29 cents each time for the refund transaction.

Emailed him with the Ebay email address on file, and it bounced back to me.

I sent him an updated invoice which includes the extra 58 cents I'm out now, and haven't heard back.

Way too much work ....all because someone either can't take the time time to read.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Anytime I have ever had to refund an item, PP returns it all. It breaks it down where the refund is coming from l, meaning some directly from u and some from the fees you paid from the original transaction. You sure you got hit again?

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Positive they kept 29 cents cents for a "refund transaction" fee. Unreal and silly.

By the way, I know it's only 60 cents, so it's not like its breaking the bank or anything, it's just the principle of it.

Am I wrong though, that if someone pays you separately with two different Paypal transactions, that you had to generate two different shipping confirmations codes (essentially pay for shipping twice)?

If I'm sending something for $2.70 but have to send essentially the same weight twice, it's going to cost me $2.70 times two, versus the items being in the same envelope, which might equate to $3.80 or something thereabouts.

Last edited:

Members online