Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards you don't think exist but are on a checklist......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I'm still trying to figure out 2008 Tristar Prospects Plus "Retail" version.

I never recall seeing any retail 08 Prospects Plus, and have never been able to tell the difference between any of the cards.

The retail version lacks the metallic finish of the hobby. But yeah, I don't know if the retail was every really released by the pack. It was probably a backdoored printing released by certain ebay sellers.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That is for the Senior league set. is that the kingman he was seeking. i thought it was the legends set.

The Glossy were only sold in complete sets. There's a set on eBay right now:

http://r.ebay.com/3kwpsT

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
That is for the Senior league set. is that the kingman he was seeking. i thought it was the legends set.

That's a good point, and no, I didn't make the distinction when I found the set on eBay. Beckett only references the Legends Glossy set, while the Standard Catalog only references the Senior Glossy set. Clearly the Senior Glossy set exists... Makes one wonder about the other one. There are a couple singles listed on eBay, but they don't have any useful information in the listing.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
This the one youre referring to?

sandberg.jpg
That's it. I've never seen one before.

Kid4hof03

Jan 10, 2014
Burlington, NJ
Sorry if this has already been covered, I haven't read the entire thread yet, but do the 1997 Studio hard hats samples exist? I've been looking for Bernie Williams for years with no luck.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
2004 Leaf Second Edition #195 Barry Bonds. Shows on the checklists, but people state Barry did not sign the contract so they were pulled from the release. I see the base set has it but not the Second Edition one. I had called DLP a few times before they closed up shop and was told that the card was definitely produced and released. I have opened literally dozens of boxes of this product and never seen a copy. This is the Second Edition version that I am speaking about. In the white box above the players name it says Second Edition.

It does in fact exist!

$bondsleaf.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Sorry if this has already been covered, I haven't read the entire thread yet, but do the 1997 Studio hard hats samples exist? I've been looking for Bernie Williams for years with no luck.

I own a Griffey. Very rare. More of an "executive sample" as they are sometimes referred to. One of the many different XXXX samples you'll find on the the market occasionally. I assume the whole set exists, but not sure.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I own a Griffey. Very rare. More of an "executive sample" as they are sometimes referred to. One of the many different XXXX samples you'll find on the the market occasionally. I assume the whole set exists, but not sure.

Should we assume that all serial numbered Donruss/Leaf/Studio inserts from 1997 and 1998 have Executive Samples? Most of the sets I can think of, I have seen Executives available for, with just a few exceptions (Diamond Kings and Elites, 1998 Leaf Fractal Materials).

Back on topic, I know this card does actually exist, as I see complete sets for sale (at least 2 on ebay right now). But I have never come across a single copy of the Skybox Molten Metal Oh Atlanta! Andres Galarraga available for sale as a single card. I see other singles from this set all over, but the sets on ebay right now have the only copies I've seen period.

Kid4hof03

Jan 10, 2014
Burlington, NJ

Thanks! Glad to know they are out there, now I can keep searching.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
1999 SP Signature Autographs Gold Rickey Henderson NO AUTO

Never have seen one...

That's because it was never made. I had a Fryman on my list for years as well - because that's what the checklist that was published had listed. Turns out - there were like 11 players who didn't sign in that set (Henderson included) that a gold parallel was NOT made, despite the published checklist. Its so stupid too - because beckett had a price listed for "sales" of these cards - even though none had ever surfaced!! So obnoxious.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
That's because it was never made. I had a Fryman on my list for years as well - because that's what the checklist that was published had listed. Turns out - there were like 11 players who didn't sign in that set (Henderson included) that a gold parallel was NOT made, despite the published checklist. Its so stupid too - because beckett had a price listed for "sales" of these cards - even though none had ever surfaced!! So obnoxious.

Thanks for the helpful information! Another black mark through the checklist ;)

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
'05 Turkey Red /50 gold border Cesar Izturis
'09 Upper Deck '89 Buyback Brett Butler - I too call BS that these were reissued in equal numbers. I'm not too sure that all players were even reissued at all.
It only took 9 years to track down the Izturis, but one finally popped up on eBay and it arrived yesterday. The Upper Deck buyback Butler was located as well - it still is the only one I've seen.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
If you collect Pedro Alvarez, you can stop looking for these 20 autographs and the sepia mini (only the first 100 cards in that 350-card Gypsy Queen set come in sepia)
NeverMade_zps13937f9d.jpg

Members online

Latest posts