Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Awsome Mays patches I especially like the Bottom Wool patch style letter/nameplate pieces as Premium Mays pieces are hard to find!

The wool mays patches are way hard to get and are at a premium! They are excellent cards. Would go crazy if there was a jumbo wool patch mays card. Most likely will never happen though

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
As for me personally I started collecting when I was young. I starting taking rookie buying and selling shortly after. I always had been good and always made some dough. My passion is my rookie hof high grade collection. I dabble is patches barrels and that type of high end. I buy and sell collections and move a ton of stuff locally. I am not rich actually I grew up fairly poor. I worked hard as a youngster as I got older I worked all different jobs in construction I got a job as an apprentice lineman about 20 years ago. Worked hard and got ahead. Along the way I bought and sold a ton of stuff and bought what I liked.

I am 30 now, but I started collecting as a kid and while in college the patches and relic cards exploded and I was hooked on them. I think it's a great way yo connect with players of the past and my favorite players now. As for career and money, I'm not a doctor lawyer or any rocket scientest. I work in the agricultural field and Like anything have worked myself very hard and have slowly built my collection up

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
The wool mays patches are way hard to get and are at a premium! They are excellent cards. Would go crazy if there was a jumbo wool patch mays card. Most likely will never happen though

Agreed jumbo would be sick and expensive, lol.

Oh and you beat me out on that elite Thread mays patch (Damn you, lol)

Here is my Willie contribution:

Last edited:

LegendsHOF

May 7, 2010
my only hof patch card at the moment

after seeing this thread, its making me wanna go out searching for more

and I had to post this one, its not mine at all but a friend showed me it many many years ago and I just had to save it, cause it looks soo cool

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Came across pics of these , anyone here want to claim any ? Off the pants I think , but still rare to see any stitching I would think..??

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1427697912.721499.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1427697948.099169.jpg

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Going to post some vintage Yankee cards. Love the look of old school yankee wool patchs.

the 2004 sp game used patch card of red Rolfe is one of the best cards I have ever seen. Incredibly rare wool Yankee home jersey stripe patch of a very old school Yankee player.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 33

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Came across pics of these , anyone here want to claim any ? Off the pants I think , but still rare to see any stitching I would think..??

View attachment 48202
View attachment 48203

Ryan

Very rare there's no doubt about that, but I've seen pants stitching Ruth cards a couple times now and passed. I would actually say that an authentic wool jersey patch from Ruth's is actually tougher to come by believe it or not.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Going to post some vintage Yankee cards. Love the look of old school yankee wool patchs.

the 2004 sp game used patch card of red Rolfe is one of the best cards I have ever seen. Incredibly rare wool Yankee home jersey stripe patch of a very old school Yankee player.

I have wanted one of those Red Rolfe cards but they never pop up. You need to put up the Big gun yankee stuff :)

Members online