Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Introducing the 2016 Topps Chrome Sapphire Edition Complete Set (2 Superfractors Per)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
im not saying the resale wont be there. Im only saying that Topps had to pay very little for this since there are no autos or relics. I bet most of that $1500 a box is straight profit.

Oh I agree- I'm not defending this at all. I was just thinking out loud. If very few sell then the cards on the secondary market should sell pretty well. Until topps starts giving the packs out for redemption substitutions :)

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Between this and Topps Mint, I think we've reached 'peak baseball card collecting'.

This is dumber than Vancouver real estate.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm sure it will all sell. There are enough people for whom $1500 is not impossible, given how limited it is. And I'm sure at least a few dealers, speculators, and breakers and will buy multiples. For $50, or $55 or $60 or $75, you could do a team break and I think you'd make it. I think there are a lot of people who would love to get a team set for $50 and pay $10 or whatever for a shot at a random "pack" that would include 1 or even 2 supers. If you did it randomly, or auction-style, I'm virtually certain you'd make up $1500 plus a little extra. At least if you were one of the first to get it going. The 10th or 15th break might be tough to fill.

But yeah, this could be something that unsold sets go on Black Friday sale for $999 or something.