Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Series (formerly ALDS/NLDS...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Dallas Keuchel is a budding postseason monster too. His numbers in the playoffs:
4-0, 1.69 ERA (2.81 FIP) 0.98 WHIP, 26.2 IP, 31 K, 10.5 K/9 3.44 K/BB

I have virtually nothing of this guy but one decent card...

KEUCHEL.BLUE.REF.VET.150.15TC.NS.jpg

He has been nasty this year in general, never mind those post-season #'s being elite.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I have virtually nothing of this guy but one decent card...

View attachment 73904

He has been nasty this year in general, never mind those post-season #'s being elite.

Funny you bring him up. Back in 2015 (the year Keuchel won the Cy Young) during the midseason I openly told everyone on Blowoutcards that I was going to invest in a 2009 Bowman Keuchel refractor rainbow and I caught a lot of flack from the members on that site telling me it was a terrible investment because he didn't reach the majors until his mid 20's and had just been really lucky that year. I ended up falling short of the superfractor & red refractor. I had nearly forgotten I had even done that and It wasn't until May/June when Keuchel was dominating again that I realized I had a near complete rainbow. Since his cards were so inexpensive when I had bought them and they were going for so much at the time I decided to unload my collection and eventually turned a $500+ profit.

Not bad for some cards I forgot I had for well over a year.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
The Cubs lose again. Looks like they will be swept. They can not hit their way out of a wet paper bag! Bryant has turned into a strike out machine and should be benched.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
The Cubs lose again. Looks like they will be swept. They can not hit their way out of a wet paper bag! Bryant has turned into a strike out machine and should be benched.
It just might be that the Dodgers have really good pitching. Saw a stat last night that blew my mind:

2016 NLCS: 22.2 IP, 18 runs, .283 OPP AVG
2017 NLCS: 8 IP, 0 runs, .000 OPP AVG

I knew last year's pen was just awful in the postseason (but was a HUGE part in getting them there in the first place), and I know the sample size for 2017 is much smaller, but that's still a gigantic difference.

Being up 2-0 certainly lessens the sting of Seager being hurt. Knowing that "we" have Darvish and Wood in Games 3 and 4 makes me feel a whole lot better than what we threw out there last year. Still lots of ball to play, but I like where this is going for sure.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

Benched for who?

Nobody on the Cubs has more than one hit in the NLCS, far from a problem with a single player. Hard to believe they made it past the Nats, who deserved to lose too because of their poor offensive production.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
They'll have to find a way to figure out JV & Keuchel cuz nobody has been able to yet this postseason.
They need to beat one of them once. The Yankees are about 3 hits away from being up 2-1 or 3-0. Tanaka and Sevy both pitched incredibly well, it's not like the Stros have them easily figured out

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
They need to beat one of them once. The Yankees are about 3 hits away from being up 2-1 or 3-0. Tanaka and Sevy both pitched incredibly well, it's not like the Stros have them easily figured out

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

I've said from the beginning that the Yankees scared me. Nobody has ever beaten both the Red Sox and Yankees in the same postseason.

Members online