Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braun gets a standing O 1st AB after lying and cheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
His second chance was given after cheating and then he lied about it and attempted to sacrifice an innocent man. The same PR team which fed the media these BS stories and smear campaign about this collector is the same PR team knowing full well that people will feed right into their hands and give the patron saint of lying and cheating a 4th chance. Dont be fooled. The guy came into the game cheating.

This is his second chance. He cheated, lied and smeared and got away with it. Then he got caught later. He got caught for the cheating he had lied about. It was not a new failed test. It was documentation of PEDs from the time when he did fail a test. He is now getting his second chance. No one knows if he cheated or not after the failed test except Braun.

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Man, the vitriol for this guy is gnarly.

I agree he looks like the worlds biggest a-hole after everything that happened.

But do you really think that all the other players that "deserve" cheers are good people? They don't cheat on their wives or their taxes or use undetectable PEDs? They don't drive drunk? They don't waste their 10s of millions of dollars on mansions and Hummers rather than being socially responsible?

It's a very slippery slope to judge athletes for their character when you don't really know their character.

The crowd in miller park is cheering for Braun the ballplayer, not Braun the model citizen.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
If you think that doing a PED to get an advantage at your job is as bad as robbing a bank, you're either willing to go to any depth to make your point or need to examine the norms set by society and reevaluate your position; because its not even close. That statement that it's similar is absolutely ridiculous.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
All ******* metaphors aside, Vick gets cheered by his home team.

Perspective.

Also, Dino Laurenzi got himself fired for doing his job wrong. MLB could hire him back and/or didn't have to release him. Braun talked XXXX about himan and that's weak; but if you think that is what got him canned, you're an idiot.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
All ******* metaphors aside, Vick gets cheered by his home team.

Perspective.

Also, Dino Laurenzi got himself fired for doing his job wrong. MLB could hire him back and/or didn't have to release him. Braun talked XXXX about himan and that's weak; but if you think that is what got him canned, you're an idiot.

Why are people defending Laurenzi?

He did his job wrong and he got fired; which is what happens to most people if you royally screw up at work.

The only reason to feel bad for him is because of how Braun bad-mouthed him while lying his ass off.

As for Braun, if people wanna cheer him, more power to them. The game has been tainted since the 90's. I've come to accept that cheating in sports is part of life.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Why are people defending Laurenzi?

He did his job wrong and he got fired; which is what happens to most people if you royally screw up at work.

The only reason to feel bad for him is because of how Braun bad-mouthed him while lying his ass off.

As for Braun, if people wanna cheer him, more power to them. The game has been tainted since the 90's. I've come to accept that cheating in sports is part of life.

Agreed. I'm not sure why people keep defending Laurenzi like he didn't do anything wrong. He didn't deserve the treatment from Braun, but he's definitely not guiltless here.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
If you think that doing a PED to get an advantage at your job is as bad as robbing a bank, you're either willing to go to any depth to make your point or need to examine the norms set by society and reevaluate your position; because its not even close. That statement that it's similar is absolutely ridiculous.

And looking at the your logo its obvious you come from a non biased standpoint lol

I see we are still making excuses. I seem to remember when you guys (Some B fans) said it was impossible to have several times the testosterone that a human should have then blamed the collector? Seems many went to strange depths to make a point, including the ones who blamed the collector blindly. But were (edited for the guy with 23 posts)100% wrong. Seems like most of you guys are as brainless as him and fell for it hook line and sinker and now are giving him a standing ovation. At least the dopey ones are, it seems finally the real Brewer fans know this guy is a clown and deserves nothing. Especially a welcome back as if he did something honorable.

Last edited:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Although the specific context is stretching, it is anecdotally accurate as well as factually parallel with regards to the similarities between robbing a bank and taking PED's (RE: Cheating). On one hand, taking some PED's is a harmless action that takes ripples of effect to fully materialize it's nature of deception and hind sight considerations to gauge the scope of potential damage to the game. But on the other, it is pretty clear cut that a financial gain is to be potentially had (by breaking the rules) and this is quite parallel to robbing a bank. Having said that, and getting back to the point of the thread, I too think it is ignorant to celebrate this cheaters return with a standing ovation. Much like the guy who robbed a bank, got caught, and served his time, no one on the outside will be celebrating his return. Allow him to return? Sure. Give him the chance to prove he has learned his lesson? Why not. Allow for a relationship of trust and respect to rebuild in time? No problem. But celebrate his return form punishment for being caught cheating? I just do not see it.

And let me also say, I am by no means a person who wants to vilify all who use(d) PED's. Does it tarnish my opinion of them? Perhaps to varying degrees depending the surrounding context, but I also would/will not automatically turn a blind eye to it (and those who get caught/punished). Rules are rules, cheating is cheating, get caught and do the time. I believe in redemption, earned redemption. I understand that many are glad to see his ability back in the line up, but I just can not wrap my head around celebrating it/him after what he did so publicly, so classless, and without batting an eye.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
And looking at the your logo its obvious you come from a non biased standpoint lol

I see we are still making excuses. I seem to remember when you guys (Some B fans) said it was impossible to have several times the testosterone that a human should have then blamed the collector? Seems many went to strange depths to make a point, including the ones who blamed the collector blindly. But where 100% wrong. Seems like most of you guys are as brainless as him and fell for it hook line and sinker and now are giving him a standing ovation. At least the dopey ones are, it seems finally the real Brewer fans know this guy is a clown and deserves nothing. Especially a welcome back as if he did something honorable.

No one is making excuses. You hate Braun, we get it. You claim that you would boo or something if he were in your line-up. I don't believe that for a second, but whatever.

What I don't understand is why you want to see Milwaukee's fanbase punished for something Braun did. The ovation was an attempt to move on. The fans want this put behind them. That's probably asking too much from people like you, but whatever. Feel free to hate him. He will be hated in every area code that isn't 414.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Go tell that to the people in my thread talking about Jim Joyce.............

That's a fair point. The only caveat being that Laurenzi had a pretty simple job; umpires have one of the most complicated jobs in baseball.

I never thought MLB should have fired him; they kind of gave Braun a leg to stand on in doing so.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Thank you for being honest. I liked Braun as a player and as a person before the whole PED thing started but his unabashed attack on Mr. Laurenzi put whatever chance he had of being "a good guy" in my eyes ever again far in the rearview mirror.

It isn't the PED's, it is TRASHING the living crap out of guy who was just doing his job. Ryan Braun, you are piece of XXXX, nothing else to it.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Go tell that to the people in my thread talking about Jim Joyce.............

I think Joyce should have been fired for that and I think that the main reason he wasnt was because Galarraga came out and immediately said he supported him and not to fire him.

I think if Galarraga came out screaming and XXXXXing (which he had every right to) that Joyce would be gone

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I think Joyce should have been fired for that and I think that the main reason he wasnt was because Galarraga came out and immediately said he supported him and not to fire him.

I think if Galarraga came out screaming and XXXXXing (which he had every right to) that Joyce would be gone

No offense, but you must not of ever had employees working for you. People make mistakes. That is life. You don't fire people for making a whoopsie. (Yeah I said whoopsie)

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
No offense, but you must not of ever had employees working for you. People make mistakes. That is life. You don't fire people for making a whoopsie. (Yeah I said whoopsie)

A whoopsie?

You call blowing a perfect game in front of millions watching a whoopsie?

Jesus I'd hate to see what you think a XXXX-up is

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
A whoopsie?

You call blowing a perfect game in front of millions watching a whoopsie?

Jesus I'd hate to see what you think a XXXX-up is

He blew one call. The fact that it was a perfect game has no bearing on that one call. Also a whoopsie is a XXXX-up. It's just a nicer way of saying it. Every baseball fan knows galaragga threw a perfect game.

WildGinge

Jan 25, 2013
I wouldn't have given Braun a standing ovation either, but now I've seen that it pissed off the OP, I'm all in favor of it.

Lol at someone who doesn't know the difference between 'where' and 'were' (it's not a one-off before anyone claims it's a typo) calling others brainless.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
He blew one call. The fact that it was a perfect game has no bearing on that one call. Also a whoopsie is a XXXX-up. It's just a nicer way of saying it. Every baseball fan knows galaragga threw a perfect game.

It has a LOT of bearing.

And every fan doesn't know that. Because he didn't throw one. And why didn't he? Because a supposed senior umpire botched a call that a little league umpire would have called correctly.

I'm pretty sure in Gallaraga's most honest moment, he would say he'd much rather have a perfect game in the history books, than the satisfaction of 'knowing he came out of the situation a better person' or whatever garbage people spew.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I see your view. Mine is different, and clearly we can't change each other's minds. Solid banter but at some point you have to stop beating a dead horse.

Members online

Latest posts