Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Andre "The Hawk" Dawson Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Picked these two up from the Box of Goodies:

2004 Upper Deck Etchings Etched in Time Autograph Black #240 /375: Thanks [MENTION=4914]gmarutiak[/MENTION]

scan0001.jpg

2011 Prime Cuts Colossal Materials #12 /49: Thanks [MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION]

scan0002.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Pick ups from the Tri Star card show in Houston:

1979 Topps Expos Team Checklist:

scan0003.jpg

1979 Topps Home Run Leaders: Mention Collection

scan0004.jpg

1979 Topps Checklist: Mention Collection

scan0005.jpg

Picked up two of these:

2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Round Numbers #106 /500 & #426 /500:

scan0076.jpg

My dad found this one in a quarter box!

2013 Hometown Heroes States:

scan0006.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Recent Pick Ups:

1984 Expos Stuart #37 Co-Players of the Year:

scan0007.jpg

1984 Ralston Purina On Top Unopened Pack:

scan0008.jpg

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
Sorry, but that looks like ****.

It doesn't even resemble Dawson other than being black and having facial hair.

Well, I sure do appreciate your 'tactfulness' :rolleyes:

This was meant for the OP, so perhaps you can lay off with the douchiness? Or, you can keep being a mouth-breathing *******. Your choice.

Last edited:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Nowhere did I say I was trying to be tactful.

This is the Andre Dawson thread, not the OP's thread, and I am this boards original Dawson collector.

Sorry, but that is not a good sketch card.

P.S.... All this was typed while breathing through my nose.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Dawson collectors: I talked with a dealer at the National about a good number of high end Dawson cards he had in his display cases. He told me Dawson is his main PC guy and he prefers to hold onto his high end cards as trade bait for other Dawsons but I believe he might sell anything (he is not a member of, or familiar with, FCB). He gave me his card and I can share the details with anyone via PM.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Dawson collectors: I talked with a dealer at the National about a good number of high end Dawson cards he had in his display cases. He told me Dawson is his main PC guy and he prefers to hold onto his high end cards as trade bait for other Dawsons but I believe he might sell anything (he is not a member of, or familiar with, FCB). He gave me his card and I can share the details with anyone via PM.

Is his name Dan?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I hadn't read this thread in a while , but damn. If say there were some nice pickups in here ! That newspaper card is def neat. I just found the 86 Mercury News Clark Newspaper "card" last year and I was thrilled. That new run on 1/1s you had Dustin was impressive.

Ryan

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Thought I'd bump this and let you know about a Dawson autograph/sketch card I created for Pastime Cards that surfaced on eBay (I'm not the seller): http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANDRE-DAWSON-2014-PASTIME-PORTRAITS-PLUS-PREVIEW-AUTOGRAPH-SP-1-1-CUBS-/251606782684?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3a94eed2dc&autorefresh=true

I don't think it resembles Dawson either, but I might bid on it so thank you for bringing it to my attention.

This is the Andre Dawson thread, not the OP's thread, and I am this boards original Dawson collector.

+1

Sounds like you are already familiar with this guy. :)

I don't care for the guy either from my dealings with him on eBay.

I hadn't read this thread in a while , but damn. If say there were some nice pickups in here ! That newspaper card is def neat. I just found the 86 Mercury News Clark Newspaper "card" last year and I was thrilled. That new run on 1/1s you had Dustin was impressive.

Ryan

Thank you very much! I let my eBay bucks expire (I didn't know they expired) so I have been absent from Dawson auctions on eBay lately but I still have some good stuff I need to scan and post including some items from some board members.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I don't think it resembles Dawson either, but I might bid on it so thank you for bringing it to my attention.

+1

I don't care for the guy either from my dealings with him on eBay.

Thank you very much! I let my eBay bucks expire (I didn't know they expired) so I have been absent from Dawson auctions on eBay lately but I still have some good stuff I need to scan and post including some items from some board members.

Those are two completely conflicting statements, Dustin...:lol:

Members online

Latest posts