Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What rule change would you like added/changed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
And honestly if they have the technology I would be all for an automated strike zone.

There is the technology in every park - it's used as part of umpire evaluations.

You see some of the data instantly in MLB Gameday, but I think some of the juicier parts of the data is left out of MLB Gameday on purpose to keep fans from instantenous social media or ballpark vocal outrage about a strike 3 call in a game-crucial situation being on a pitch that was 2.75 inches out of the strike zone.

The juicy stuff shows up on some sites hours or a day later after a game ends where you can take a recent game, select the hitter pitcher matchup and see where each of the pitches in the at-bat were located.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
September call ups. I think teams should all have the same number of Sept. call ups and that number should be 5.

I have to agree with that - was it Bob Costas that mentioned it Monday???

I do prefer being able to call up to the full 40 men but can only designate 30 maximum active players for each game so a manager has to figure out which 30 of the up to 40 players present in the park each day will be made active each day.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Raise the mound back to where it was in 1968. might lessen some of these pitcher's going down with elbow problems.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
There is the technology in every park - it's used as part of umpire evaluations.

You see some of the data instantly in MLB Gameday, but I think some of the juicier parts of the data is left out of MLB Gameday on purpose to keep fans from instantenous social media or ballpark vocal outrage about a strike 3 call in a game-crucial situation being on a pitch that was 2.75 inches out of the strike zone.

The juicy stuff shows up on some sites hours or a day later after a game ends where you can take a recent game, select the hitter pitcher matchup and see where each of the pitches in the at-bat were located.

I mean I know baseball is a game of tradition but, if the technology is proven I would be all for an automated strike zone. They pretty much use similar technology in tennis and soccer. Also wouldn't this also speed up the game a bit too.

Latest posts