Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Royals vs Angels ALDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Gotta give CJ Wilson some credit for the Angels losing series to KC. Wilson didn't even make it out of the 1st inning. He might be the most overrated starting pitcher, making $16 million.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Gotta give CJ Wilson some credit for the Angels losing series to KC. Wilson didn't even make it out of the 1st inning. He might be the most overrated starting pitcher, making $16 million.

I give that credit to the KC offense finally waking up, after a year of semi-silence. It's been beautiful seeing Hosmer and Moose hitting, and hitting with power.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Yessir. Moose and Hos have been around so long, that people forget they're still rather young. Both are 24. The core of that offense, outside of Gordon, are all young.

As an aside, the Royals starting offense on makes $3 mil per year more than Pujols :)

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yessir. We'll see how it goes. We've already exceeded all expectations. However it ends, I am very pleased about this season and akready very excited about next year.

I would imagine Hosmer, Mousakas, other big name prospects have come under fire for underperforming this season, but nice to see them come up big in October.I think they will beat the Orioles, though I still think Duffy should be starting.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

And they are still paying Blanton too.I hope the Angels spend another $300 million this winter, and watch the World Series from their couch again.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Quite simply, the Orioles have been disrespected all year and I love it. Not only were they (we) picked to finish last in the A.L. East, but the general sentiments seemingly are as follows:

1.) "The only reason the Orioles are winning are because the A.L. East is down". (not because the Orioles have gotten better, and in turn, brought those other teams down a notch)

2.) "The Tigers Imploded, "The Tigers bullpen sucks" and "Brad Ausmus is an idiot." While these things maybe true, baseball is a team game and the Orioles proved to be a better team, despite the backhanded compliments.

Now I am hearing....

3.) "Kansas City is America's team" and "The whole country is rooting for Kansas City because they are small market and have sucked forever." The Royals have won a World Series more recently than Baltimore, plus Baltimore didn't have a winning season from 1998-2011 and is hardly large market.

To date, the crappy Orioles have 99 total wins this season. Showalter is an incredible manager and a master of "chip on our shoulder" motivation. Here in Maryland, we realize everyone wants Kansas City to win....and it is very, very motivating for our fanbase and players.

Members online