Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does the Mrs. Have a hobby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
My wife collects Wizard of Oz figurines (movie only, not just the story), snow globes, bobble heads and other items from San Francisco Music box Co, Jim Shore, Barbie (Movie themed dolls only), Hallmark stores, Lenox Glass and a few more I cant remember.

51SGj0X4x6L._SY355_.jpg

Glinda-The-Good-Witch-Figurine-the-wizard-of-oz-6436434-476-476.jpg

4033981.jpg

They must be movie themed and not just the story as there are many different dolls out there of the characters, she will only consider the movie themed ones for her collection.

Why YES, I do support her hobby! All the way to my wallet!
J/K I have my ball cards, she has her Wizard of Oz stuff!

Fordman

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
My wife is a long distance runner and likes to take naps. I go out with her when she runs and I do my collecting when she sleeps. However, our nearly 2 year old has cut into all of our hobby time, and we've got a second one due in four weeks, so hobbies may be a thing of the past.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
My wife is a long distance runner and likes to take naps. I go out with her when she runs and I do my collecting when she sleeps. However, our nearly 2 year old has cut into all of our hobby time, and we've got a second one due in four weeks, so hobbies may be a thing of the past.
one too many naps ?
BTW my oldest is expecting her first --------------------------------------------- and second same day ----------- guess my wife will move LOL

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
one too many naps ?
BTW my oldest is expecting her first --------------------------------------------- and second same day ----------- guess my wife will move LOL

Congrats, twins are more fun I think, one baby for every parent, only 3 or more could be better! I know my mother and father are enamored with being grandparents, so your wife will certainly have a new hobby in short order.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
My wife's hobby is buying stuff for our kids.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
My wife likes seeing and crocheting. She requires a lot of space for it, so I'm spending my weekend walking off half of my shop for her to have her own room for it. I guess you could say I support it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426442825.143017.jpg

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Purses and such. Dooney and Bourke, Coach, etc.

She has a ton.

But to her credit, she sells a lot of what she already has, to buy more that she wants.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My wife collects Wizard of Oz figurines (movie only, not just the story), snow globes, bobble heads and other items from San Francisco Music box Co, Jim Shore, Barbie (Movie themed dolls only), Hallmark stores, Lenox Glass and a few more I cant remember.

51SGj0X4x6L._SY355_.jpg

Glinda-The-Good-Witch-Figurine-the-wizard-of-oz-6436434-476-476.jpg

4033981.jpg

They must be movie themed and not just the story as there are many different dolls out there of the characters, she will only consider the movie themed ones for her collection.

Why YES, I do support her hobby! All the way to my wallet!
J/K I have my ball cards, she has her Wizard of Oz stuff!

Fordman

I would get along with her. I'm an Oz geek. Have been for as long as I can remember. We have a bunch of stuff as well.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
My Mrs' hobby:

"You got ANOTHER package today"

She regularly participates in said hobby

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
My wife's hobby is taking care of things for everyone else. She is the head of the household because she keeps all of us straight. Me, our three kids, and 4 pets would be lost and wouldn't have a clue if it wasn't for her. This is truly what she enjoys doing. And when she does give herself her own time she exercises about an hour each day at 5am before anyone wakes up. She's a much better person than me.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Got my girlfriend into cards. She has built 2014 Topps Chrome and Contenders football base sets. She goes to Target to pick up a blaster box of something almost daily, mainly as an escape from her high-stress job. And she has discovered ebay and comc. So every time I go to her house she plays show-and-tell with her latest acquisitions. She is still at the point where good player = good card, and I hope she never grows out of it. As a big Bills fan, she gets just as excited about a Marcell Dareus or Fred Jackson card as she does Sammy Watkins. She's also had some big rips. She hit a Derek Carr autograph #/10 from Elite, and just received her 2013 Topps Chrome Gold Ref auto Denard Robinson, #/10. It was a redemption, and my heart sank when she pulled it. I warned her about Topps's track record with redemptions, but after checking ebay, it looked like he signed his stuff and it was likely to get here. She received it in about 3 weeks.

Her other hobby is beer. She loves going to all the local craft breweries (and there are tons in the Austin area, with more opening every month). I drink beer, but I didn't realize there was such a wide breadth of good and GREAT beer out there for someone with an unrefined palate like mine. In the past month I have probably spent more on beer than sports cards (but both still behind Magic).

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Got my girlfriend into cards. She has built 2014 Topps Chrome and Contenders football base sets. She goes to Target to pick up a blaster box of something almost daily, mainly as an escape from her high-stress job. And she has discovered ebay and comc. So every time I go to her house she plays show-and-tell with her latest acquisitions. She is still at the point where good player = good card, and I hope she never grows out of it. As a big Bills fan, she gets just as excited about a Marcell Dareus or Fred Jackson card as she does Sammy Watkins. She's also had some big rips. She hit a Derek Carr autograph #/10 from Elite, and just received her 2013 Topps Chrome Gold Ref auto Denard Robinson, #/10. It was a redemption, and my heart sank when she pulled it. I warned her about Topps's track record with redemptions, but after checking ebay, it looked like he signed his stuff and it was likely to get here. She received it in about 3 weeks.

Her other hobby is beer. She loves going to all the local craft breweries (and there are tons in the Austin area, with more opening every month). I drink beer, but I didn't realize there was such a wide breadth of good and GREAT beer out there for someone with an unrefined palate like mine. In the past month I have probably spent more on beer than sports cards (but both still behind Magic).

Geez bro, is this a real girl or your imagination? My wife has little to no interest in either of those very fun hobbies

Members online

Latest posts