Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

+++++ FCB Daily Morning Thread for Monday May 25th +++++

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning Gents! Happy Memorial Day and quite a few great words and reminders said on what today is all about. We just returned home from Leavenworth as we took Milo on his very first camping trip. After we are cleaned up we will be picking up my mom and grandma to go out and get flowers and flags to drop on my grandpa's tombstone. He is extremely missed every single year, but we always take time to see him on Memorial Day, Veterans Day and his day of passing.

Barry - Very sorry to hear of your loss of such a great friend. 81 is an age to brag about, and it sounds like he has given you more than a lifetime of memories.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well we got all 51 flags up by 6:30 this morning. At 7, the first visitors pulled onto the site. Now we are getting ready to set up the shelter for the program this afternoon. It's supposed to clear up this morning, with the rain starting again at 1. Our program is from 1-2, so hopefully we still have plenty of visitors at the program

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Happy Memorial Day to everyone. A day to remember those who sacrificed for our freedom. [MENTION=2026]tramers[/MENTION] sorry for your loss.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Good morning everyone. If the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan doesn't give u a real appreciation of memorial day I don't know what will. I've seen it so many times but that opening scene of dday still gets to me and makes me so proud to be an American

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Good morning all
Thoughts and prayers to all those who served
Barry- my condolences

Just got this in last from the inlaws, my father in law went to the game and knows I collect bobbleheads so he gave it to me. Not sure if I want to keep it in the collection, or start moving some of my other Iron Pigs bobbles too....
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1432564012.132408.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1432564030.182314.jpg

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all

attachment.php

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family, Barry.

Happy Memorial Day everyone

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
[MENTION=2026]tramers[/MENTION] sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great guy.

Its hard to believe that it is only 10, and I've been at work for 5 hours already. We've had plenty of visitors at the cemetery today, even with the constant rain people are coming out to pay their respects. We had one gentleman come around and place a penny on each headstone. For those that do not know, the penny means that somebody visited the grave, but generally they are left on some specific stones. This gentleman went around in the rain, read each headstone and then placed a penny. The only downside is that we had to remove them right away. Still, a touching gesture for sure

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Wanted to share where my mind is today. During my career in the Army I have lost several friends and aquantiences in combat. After I departed the Army I stayed in contact with serveral friends. Over time you lose touch with people. I had been rather close with one such friend and his wife, after several failed emails and text messages I figured this too had ran its course. Well last month my friends wife friended me over Facebook, I was happy at first but quickly become saddened after hearing that he had been KIA in Afghanistan after hitting an IED. Today I think of all of my fallen comrades and remain resolved in my profession to protect the current generation of war fighters.

RIP Matt

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Wanted to share where my mind is today. During my career in the Army I have lost several friends and aquantiences in combat. After I departed the Army I stayed in contact with serveral friends. Over time you lose touch with people. I had been rather close with one such friend and his wife, after several failed emails and text messages I figured this too had ran its course. Well last month my friends wife friended me over Facebook, I was happy at first but quickly become saddened after hearing that he had been KIA in Afghanistan after hitting an IED. Today I think of all of my fallen comrades and remain resolved in my profession to protect the current generation of war fighters.

RIP Matt

Sorry to hear this, George. Our chosen professions have given us friends for life, no matter how long those lives are. May your friend truly rest in peace.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
My condolences to you, Barry, on the loss of your friend.

My condolences to you, George, on the loss of your friend, Matt. May he rest in absolute peace. I thank him for his service and wishe his family all the best.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I try to thank all those I see wearing some form of ID ref service . Local stadium will give out four tickets to those with ID for game tonight .

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Afternoon from 70° southeast AK

Barry, George. Sorry to hear of both of your losses. As Magic said and I firmly believe as well, the relationship has changed but that is all. They are still very much with you. I'd be lying if I said I didn't "feel" or talk to my grandpa or mom everyday.
hope everyone has a great afternoon, trying to get my family out to the lake if we can all coordinate

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts