Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Triple Threads - OOPS - You had 1 job!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
That's amazing. Like u couldn't give a little bit of a damn? Just a quick glance?

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Sad truth about Topps is that they seem to have very little passion for the product that they make.

At least those cards aren't redemptions that after two years of not fulfilling they give you a replacement value of $35 for!!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Sad truth about Topps is that they seem to have very little passion for the product that they make.

At least those cards aren't redemptions that after two years of not fulfilling they give you a replacement value of $35 for!!

If Topps was a restaurant

710_image-04.jpg

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Their response will be "we'll talk to our 3rd party vendor who assembles the cards". Not much incentive to do good work when you're a monopoly & the group breakers will buy your stuff under any condition.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
TOPPS - made by non-collectors for collectors

-or-

TOPPS - the name goes on before the quality goes in

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
When these were put together upside down, they were correct, from left to right.
When flipped over, they are incorrect. The people putting these physically together were given a task and followed instructions, the designer/layout artist is the person that effed up.
On another note, I personally HATE that outside of the top one, the others only include 2/3s of the all star patch, to me that is the bigger disappointment/eff up!

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
When these were put together upside down, they were correct, from left to right.
When flipped over, they are incorrect. The people putting these physically together were given a task and followed instructions, the designer/layout artist is the person that effed up.
On another note, I personally HATE that outside of the top one, the others only include 2/3s of the all star patch, to me that is the bigger disappointment/eff up!

All of them are the same. The instructions were followed (or at least interpreted) "accurately" for all of them. So disappointing. My OCD wouldn't allow me to spend $150 on the Steven Wright recently - First 1/1 for sale that I didn't get.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Also, I'd be curious how many of the "Event Worn" All-Star Jerseys exist. I know of 2 that are in private collections (still assembled). How many jerseys can a player wear in one day?

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
As collectors of patch cards, we have been conditioned over the years to enjoy/appreciate the abstract chaos presented in 1x1 format on our favorite cardboard. The problem with these is, they are FULL Patches that are meant to be displayed to tell a story from one side to the next...to display continuity as much as possible, but sadly these fail to do that :(

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Also, I'd be curious how many of the "Event Worn" All-Star Jerseys exist. I know of 2 that are in private collections (still assembled). How many jerseys can a player wear in one day?

I'm sure they wear quite a few workout day jerseys so there is the opportunity to let the player have one, sell some to topps, etc.

this booklet patch thing with the out of sequence pieces is why I haven't bothered to try to win one at auction.

EDIT: I got an idea. We should start (and then sign) a change.org petition to make Mouschi the official premium patch creator of Topps! ;)

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I'm sure they wear quite a few workout day jerseys so there is the opportunity to let the player have one, sell some to topps, etc.

this booklet patch thing with the out of sequence pieces is why I haven't bothered to try to win one at auction.

EDIT: I got an idea. We should start (and then sign) a change.org petition to make Mouschi the official premium patch creator of Topps! ;)

Or we could buy them and have Mouschi take them apart and have him correct them to the way they should be.. :)

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Or we could buy them and have Mouschi take them apart and have him correct them to the way they should be.. :)

You guys are on to something.
[MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION], if I send you a game worn All-Star jersey, will you make some cool All-Star themed booklets? (What the triple patch should of been, maybe an 8-page booklet of "A M E R I C A N" patches, and ooh, a 6 card booklet W R I G H T). Show them how it's done!

Members online

Latest posts