Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Leaf/Brian Gray going to get Johnny Manziel kicked out of NCAA football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I assume most would rather have the ******'ness fleshed out while still a kid in college, rather than carrying it over in to the NFL and adulthood, no?

I am not so sure that'll happen because by now, he knows the games people play to egg him on and he knows what he's up against with the media and scrutiny. Yet he still continues to act like a general horse's rear end. Like the little stunt today. It's pretty bad when your own dad pretty much says it's not a matter of if but rather when as far as you having some sort of meltdown. Does this kid think the NFL will be any easier? It's time to grow up a little Jonathan.

From what I saw yesterday there is no way to flush Johnny footballs doucheness!

If the interrogation he went through and all the media bashing hasn't changed him.. How the hell is benching him for a minute going to do something?

I would find an injury to his money counting finger on his throwing hand both ironic and hilarious!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Uh...no they are not. You got a 3.6 in economics classes. No offense as I'm not some genius but that's not anything prestigious. Not that I doubt you're sharp. But I'm sure those classes would have been easier if you had more time to put into them no? And economics? Let me guess? You have some really awesome job paying a million bucks a year right? Sure. Hey, I work full time and go to school for a medical program(that's also not going to make me a million a year). It's no cake walk and my grades are still great but while most people are sound asleep, I force myself to stay up. But in no way or form am I physically challenged like athletes are so I can simply imagine them not coming home and even being able to stay awake to study. Plus work doesn't give me a playbook to study. And some of these "generalizations and ignorant claims" you say I make, are coming from people playing D1 sports. Not sure where you played or how much they cared. Hell, maybe you went to Florida, Bama, or USC and you were just some hardcore person. Great. Not everyone can operate on your level. IMHO, the classes I take are hard but not impossible to pass with an A. Yet people in the same classes have no idea how I manage to work and go to school. So you assume all athletes are super smart, and all the material comes to them naturally? They could just go and take a really hard class because it's easy for them and everyone else.

To me, it seems you are trying to say you are the norm(even though you seem to be the exception, though exception to what I am not sure). And you are using an economics degree(or do you have one) to prove it. I'm not really sure what you are trying to say other than the fact that you can take economics classes and still play sports. To me that means squat. I'm glad you got an education and who knows...you might make a million a year. If so, great. But you are not necessarily the norm nor does that negate the fact that you are still relegated to specific classes that the sports schedule and your time allow. So I suppose I will remain ignorant.

I think you're kind of missing the point. All I'm saying is I played TWO sports and still had good grades with a non-cakewalk major. I'm not trying to brag because I couldn't care less...I'm just saying that your point that players don't have time for their education because they're too stressed by their sports is not valid. It's a weak excuse that really means "I'm too lazy and/or don't have the discipline to focus" because there are people who have way tougher situations and still manage to take full advantage of the education in addition to working hard to be successful in their sport as well. It sounds like your situation is probably way tougher than some of the athletes as well, yet you still get good grades. It's all about discipline.

Getting back to the topic we were discussing, you are saying that education isn't enough compensation because players can't take advantage of it. My point is that they CAN take advantage of the education, but they CHOOSE not to. That's not the school's fault, that's on the student-athlete for not having the discipline to get all the value they can from the education.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
If Johnny is #1 QB taken in this spring's draft, I'm forced to buy Leaf Best of Football.

If another quarterback goes before him, you owe me a Best of Football box.

Fair?

I happened to think he won't be the first QB, but a 1st rounder maybe

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think you're kind of missing the point. All I'm saying is I played TWO sports and still had good grades with a non-cakewalk major. I'm not trying to brag because I couldn't care less...I'm just saying that your point that players don't have time for their education because they're too stressed by their sports is not valid. It's a weak excuse that really means "I'm too lazy and/or don't have the discipline to focus" because there are people who have way tougher situations and still manage to take full advantage of the education in addition to working hard to be successful in their sport as well. It sounds like your situation is probably way tougher than some of the athletes as well, yet you still get good grades. It's all about discipline.

Getting back to the topic we were discussing, you are saying that education isn't enough compensation because players can't take advantage of it. My point is that they CAN take advantage of the education, but they CHOOSE not to. That's not the school's fault, that's on the student-athlete for not having the discipline to get all the value they can from the education.

If it is indeed the case that they have the chance...I'll keep my mouth shut. I have zero problem being proven wrong. My goal is the truth. But anyone I've talked to has said it's crazy the time that a college football team demands from you. Plus with the schedules, if you want to take certain classes, it's impossible because you have to be at practice during those times. For instance, I take classes in the morning because I have to. I have no other choice because that is the only time they are offered. I couldn't even play soccer if I wanted to because that's when practice is.

In any case, I think the real topic that irks me is the fact that the NCAA shouldn't have control over whether or not they sign autos for money.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
If it is indeed the case that they have the chance...I'll keep my mouth shut. I have zero problem being proven wrong. My goal is the truth. But anyone I've talked to has said it's crazy the time that a college football team demands from you. Plus with the schedules, if you want to take certain classes, it's impossible because you have to be at practice during those times. For instance, I take classes in the morning because I have to. I have no other choice because that is the only time they are offered. I couldn't even play soccer if I wanted to because that's when practice is.

In any case, I think the real topic that irks me is the fact that the NCAA shouldn't have control over whether or not they sign autos for money.

Because the NCAA is mad that they don't get a cut of it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Yeah I'm not trying to tell you to shut your mouth or trying to be argumentative, just trying to shed some light and share an opinion. Yes it is tough to balance a schedule with sports and academics, but there is still plenty of time during the day for people to work on their studies...it's just that some choose not to. Yeah there will always be conflicts and sometimes it truly might be impossible to take a certain class. I just think it's more of an excuse when people say they "can't" be a good student and be dedicated to your sport at the same time, because there are thousands of student-athletes out there who are proving that you CAN.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Does anyone else think Johnny Football might be the "World of Warcraft Freak-out Kid" we lost track of? Seems like the same breed of ******.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Doucheness = cockiness = confidence.

Sometimes doucheness just = doucheness, not because of cockiness & confidence but rather despite it. However, for arguments sake lets just say Johnny FBs doucheness is a parallel to his cockiness and confidence. I still stand by my contention that most (if not all) would rather that flesh out while in college than in the NFL. Of course it's a common trait for young and talented athletes to be cocky and arrogant, it's almost par for the course given the nature of the circumstances. Having said that, when one reaches adulthood, the arrogant cockiness that plays out as ducheness usually subsides. I do admit it is not looking good for him right now.

On a side note, there is zero chance he is not a high 1'st round draft unless something else comes along this year and hampers that like a career jeopardizing injury or a manslaughter charge, ect.. His talent is undeniable and the NFL has a very long and clear history of drafting on talent alone without regard for personality or baggage as it were. Of course there have been a few but they have been the exception, not the rule.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Sometimes doucheness just = doucheness, not because of cockiness & confidence but rather despite it. However, for arguments sake lets just say Johnny FBs doucheness is a parallel to his cockiness and confidence. I still stand by my contention that most (if not all) would rather that flesh out while in college than in the NFL. Of course it's a common trait for young and talented athletes to be cocky and arrogant, it's almost par for the course given the nature of the circumstances. Having said that, when one reaches adulthood, the arrogant cockiness that plays out as ducheness usually subsides. I do admit it is not looking good for him right now.

On a side note, there is zero chance he is not a high 1'st round draft unless something else comes along this year and hampers that like a career jeopardizing injury or a manslaughter charge, ect.. His talent is undeniable and the NFL has a very long and clear history of drafting on talent alone without regard for personality or baggage as it were. Of course there have been a few but they have been the exception, not the rule.

The same NFL that was ready to draft Matt Barkley #1 overall after his JR year?
The same NFL that was ready to draft Geno Smith #1 overall midway through his final year?

There is no way to guarantee where someone will be drafted this far out. Jadaveon Clowney was projected to be LAST year's #1 pick if he were eligible. Now after 1 game in the national spotlight his attitude and commitment level have come into question. Does he condition himself to play a full game? Does he play take plays off? These are all serious concerns when drafting a position that has been very bust worthy over the last decade.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've done worse things at an older age.

Put me in his shoes at his age, I'd probably be doing the exact same thing.

He's 20 years old. Let him be arrogant, idiotic and immature.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I don't disagree with this. Just liked the picture. I actually somewhat like his "who cares" attitude.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
I don't disagree with this. Just liked the picture. I actually somewhat like his "who cares" attitude.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

My bad. I like it too. Same reason I like how Harper acts/acted.

People act like athletes have never done this before, so Manziel is the first and absolute worst.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Anyone else hoping Manziel wears a headband with $live written on it at some point this season? After last Saturday I like the heel act he's pulling and embracing the hate other people are giving him.

Very Jim McMahon of him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts