Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Post a Funny Card Face Sold By the Case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Many players seem to have one or two baseball cards they wish did not exist due to a certain something being caught on camera in the heat of battle. Some were born looking a little off while others... well, others must have pissed off someone with the card companies to have had some pretty horrendous images printed hundreds of thousands of times.

Post your funny card faces. All years, teams and players are fair game!

I'll start with the 1997 Fleer Ultra #435 card of Kent Mercker:
Mercker Card.jpgMercker Close Up.jpg

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
This was the first that came to mind.

Kirk_Rueter.jpg

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
[MENTION=1923]cartersprings[/MENTION] - That Rueter card is a crime against humanity! Guy is probably making a great catch but you can't stop staring at his face.
[MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] - Dmitri looks like he's about to tickle someone to death.

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
Hopeful this will work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 84

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Take your pick of early Roger Clemens Pitching Face cards. At some point, he stopped making the goofy constipated face. Possibly once he was on HGH and didn't have to strain as hard to push the fastball across.

Courtesy of COMC.com

Then there's this Johnny Bench sticker prototype, I know I've seen the full image somewhere on another card:
1980ToppsStickerprototypeJohnnyBench.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
The Topps photographers must have had a vendetta against Lou Johnson. He never had a card that didn't show him with a vacant stare, goofy smile, or pushing one out on the john:

Lou_Johnson.jpg
Lou_Johnson.jpg
Lou_Johnson.jpg
Lou_Johnson.jpg
Lou_Johnson.jpg
Lou_Johnson.jpg

Members online

Latest posts