Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Hot List: February is it Baseball time yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
The public is clamoring for some baseball. Fan bases are eagerly anticipating whats new in 2016 for their clubs. The price ranges of prospect cards show that the hype is certainly real for guys who have gotten a recent push.\

[URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 Corey Seager 2012 Bowman Chrome Draft[/URL] and everything else with his name on it. As prospectors you follow baseball america writers pretty religiously. The broader market of casuals aren't really stirred by a niche market publication such as BA. However, when the mother-ship calls someone out as the tippy top dog his best card instantly doubles. Hello Corey Seager, this years potential Mike Trout.
coreyseager.jpg

#2 Connor McDavid Upper Deck Autographs - Some of these has sold for about what quality used car would cost. Imagine your 16 year old son, daddy can we get me a car? No son, I have to get this one single hockey card. Imagine the puzzled look on that kids face as he wonders what kind of hockey card would cost 10k. This is truly an insane hobby at times. Shout out to Upper Deck by the way, as the e-pack program is a hit and a strong indicator that these types of product releases can work.
connormcdavid.jpg

#3 Andrew Benintendi Autographs
- Prospect lists move eBay sales. Keith Law recently ranked this former Razorback an aggressive 46 in his overall rankings. This pushed the needed on his autographs to the $90 mark. Seeing as how I'm always posting pictures of chrome cards I decided to go with the Leaf Trinity as the image because those cards are so pretty.
andrewbeni.jpg

#4 Steph Curry Base Topps Rookies
- Everything Steph is on fire right now. He's in a position to do what only two other people in NBA history have ever done in win back to back MVP and NBA championships. The other two people? Just Michael Jordan and Lebron James. His base Topps rookies that were a dime a dozen are nearing the $80 mark.

steph curry.jpg

#5 Aaron Judge Bowman Chrome Autographs - Big power, big money... It's the prospectors mantra. This big power hitter is getting closer and closer to his MLB debut. BGS 9.5 copies of his chrome autograph are up from $100 to $125 as people anticipate him in the real pinstripes.
aaronjudge.jpg

#6 Deadpool Anything - Finally we get a super hero movie for adults. I saw it last night, and it was everything I had hoped it to be. I just hope they can manage not to screw up the character when they insert him into PG versions of other movies as a team up. Although knowing they only get one F-Bomb per movie it would be great to see him conserve it all movie just waiting for the exact right time only to have Wolverine drop it instead. Deadpool swag is ridiculous on ebay right now as the free promos you got for going to the movie on opening weekend are selling for more than an AMC prime viewing. I was able to snag two of them and got them listed right away.
IMG_2179.JPG

#7 Chalice of the Void - You know I had to put a magic card on this list right? The modern pro tour shake up that happened when Splinter Twin got banned caused a bunch of eldrazi to infiltrate the format. Among them was an artifact card called Chalice of the Void. It allows you to hate on pretty much any other card in the format, so people have started to pack it in those decks. It went from $10 to $50 as a result.
chaliceofthevoid.jpg

Coming soon... Yulieski Gourriel.

He and his brother defeceted from Cuba and are now expecting MLB Contracts. Scouts love his power and called him the #1 player in all of Cuba before his defection. Look for him to make a splash, in sports cards that could be a tsunami if he sighs with a big market team. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and drag those 2009 chrome WBC cards out of your boxes.
gourriel.jpg

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Nice list, thanks.

Glad you put that Trinity pic in there. They really are beautiful cards. Glad I picked up a few boxes.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Man, when Steph had all the ankle issues I thought it was done like D Rose but I really screwed that up. I hear and see him a lot and he really comes off as the nicest guy. He's very easy to root for

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I get that some people don't like Leaf/Brian. But, I don't understand how people can look at a card like this and think it is not well done. Trinity, IMO, was a killer product this year. All the top prospect names in beautiful cards. To each their own, I guess.

Trinity.jpeg

Btw...I get the whole "no MLB logo" thing. But these and NT have found a way to make really nice cards w/o the logos.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Gourriel has quite a few cards that can be dug out and sold besides 2009 Chrome:

2006 various Upper Deck products (SP Authentic Future Watch, for example)
2008 Sterling patches
2009 Sterling relics
2009 Bowman
2009 Topps
2009 eTopps
2009 Ticket to Stardom
2009 Triple Threads
2013 Topps Tribute WBC

Overall nice list (even though I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about with the Magic card – LOL). Thanks.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was at a show this weekend and there was one of those high end dealers, only about 10 cards in each case but each one at least 4 figures. In with the Aaron rookie and Cobb cuts and Ruth bat barrels was a Steph Curry gold refractor. I didn't ask how much he wanted, but I did a quick ebay search and saw that most unassuming of cards sells for something like $3000.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I went Friday night and got zero swag? Was it a specific theater chain? Pretty sure I was at a Marcus theater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I get that some people don't like Leaf/Brian. But, I don't understand how people can look at a card like this and think it is not well done. Trinity, IMO, was a killer product this year. All the top prospect names in beautiful cards. To each their own, I guess.

View attachment 59557

Btw...I get the whole "no MLB logo" thing. But these and NT have found a way to make really nice cards w/o the logos.

Maybe it's well done, but I have zero interest in 'player worn' crap.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Wow, that Steph Curry RC is UGLY!

I think they had a problem that prevented them getting pics of the rookies in their pro team unis.

I can't remember if was a league lock-out or when Tools lost their license.

They also included Chrome with base Topps...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts