Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Bid on two of those diffractors, got two. The rest were duplicates for me.

Gotta check and see what that Guerrero diffractor went for. Mike Brown, @pkerplyr is offering six Guerrero diffractors, each for $14.00 on Sportslots, but on eBay they are going for well over that price. Lot of bidders, can't believe they don't need any of the six offered on Sportslots, or maybe they don't check there. Not the easiest site to use, but there are a ton of '98 Teks on Sportslots.

I threw out a bid on it, but didn't see it going that high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111388138477?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Sportslots--

You can just query "1998 Tek". The result will be a list of every player in the 1998 Tek series for whom there are available cards. That list is followed by a list of every player in the 1998 Tek series for whom there are available diffractors. On each list is the number of cards available for each player. Click on "Details" and many of those listings will show the available patterns.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Sportslots--

You can just query "1998 Tek". The result will be a list of every player in the 1998 Tek series for whom there are available cards. That list is followed by a list of every player in the 1998 Tek series for whom there are available diffractors. On each list is the number of cards available for each player. Click on "Details" and many of those listings will show the available patterns.

It's actually http://www.sportlots.com/. Went over there and found not only those Vlads but theres quite a few Jim Edmonds and Arods as well.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just funny seeing Diffractors show up on COMC and they're like instant $50 prices lol... I mean some people just love to jack with the prices on these things. SO glad none of them are Belle diffractors. That'd just piss me off.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Just funny seeing Diffractors show up on COMC and they're like instant $50 prices lol... I mean some people just love to jack with the prices on these things. SO glad none of them are Belle diffractors. That'd just piss me off.

I'm glad to see them keep popping up, just wish one was an Andruw...even at $50, it'd be nice to see for sale. I wish I could remember who the other 2 diffractors listed were. I saw 4 of them and 2 were gone within 30 minutes but I don't remember the players but even at $50 (or $25 if 50% is accepted) they are selling.

On a side note, do you guys think the influx of diffractors available on COMC and ebay are from the recent boxes that went $200+ or are the prices these are getting driving them out of collections?

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
i ended up buy just barely winning it (my max bid was $28.99) and here I thought I threw in a crazy high price. I thought it was gonna close around $15, not double that. I ended up looking at the recent closed auction for diffractors and damn they are high. Does anyone know exactly how rare these are?

My max bid was for around $15.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I saw that one of the COMC Diffractors for $50.00 was Sandy Alomar. I thought about it, but I didn't like the $50.00 price. It was gone soon afterwards. I did get the Diffractor on Ebay though for less than $20.00. My first Diffractor.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I was thinking that to celebrating completing this set (IF I find my final 6 cards) that a cool idea would be to scan all 90 cards and give each one unofficial nicknames based on what the pattern resembles. Some would be easy, like #5 would be 'Triangles', but some of the more abstract ones would be fun to name, like #5 8 'Throwing Stars'.

Are there any galleries online of a completed set already? Or maybe nicknames are buried somewhere in this 200 page thread lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I was thinking that to celebrating completing this set (IF I find my final 6 cards) that a cool idea would be to scan all 90 cards and give each one unofficial nicknames based on what the pattern resembles. Some would be easy, like #5 would be 'Triangles', but some of the more abstract ones would be fun to name, like #5 8 'Throwing Stars'.

Are there any galleries online of a completed set already? Or maybe nicknames are buried somewhere in this 200 page thread lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

http://markgrace.com/museum/1998_TEK.html

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Have this incoming. P20

$_57.JPG

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
Anyone have any tips for finding singles? I have basically exhausted EBay, Beckett, COMC, Sportlots, and Just Commons and I am still 35 patterns away from completion for Sandy Alomar. Thanks.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
I got a few singles from http://bbonly.com/

Never saw this Baseball Only site before but it interesting. Looks like the site owner owns all the cards. You are dealing with one guy and a couple of helpers. Searched his site for Pedro cards with which I am very familiar. He had hundreds of cards, almost all commons, and at prices comparable to what you see on eBay, but nothing that interested me. No high-end cards at all. You can do a player search, and the results are sorted by year and manufacturer. Register with an e-mail address and password, and name and address. He takes PayPal. The site seems fairly user friendly.

You can do a set search by year to pick out 1998 Topps Teks. He lists all the players for which he has patterns on two pages, by card number order. He mostly has cards of the common players with quantities for each ranging from 1 card to about 20. Has cards of 60 to 70 players in the '98 Tek set. No '98 Teks available of Ripken, Jeter, Griffey, McGwire, etc. None of Edgar, Mussina, Bags either. He does have a fair number of cards for some of the players folks on this board are collecting: Albert Belle (3), David Justice (7), Sandy Alomar (5), Ray Lankford (21), Gary Sheffield (21). All of these players' cards are listed at $1.00. You have to email him for the pattern numbers.

MansGame would have a 13.3% chance of hitting one of the four Albert's he needs. Not as good a chance as drawing on the river to an up-or-down straight or to a flush, but certainly worth an e-mail. The Sandy Alomar collector likely needs two of the five that this guy has. The Lankford collector may see Christmas in July!

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Never saw this Baseball Only site before but it interesting. Looks like the site owner owns all the cards. You are dealing with one guy and a couple of helpers. Searched his site for Pedro cards with which I am very familiar. He had hundreds of cards, almost all commons, and at prices comparable to what you see on eBay, but nothing that interested me. No high-end cards at all. You can do a player search, and the results are sorted by year and manufacturer. Register with an e-mail address and password, and name and address. He takes PayPal. The site seems fairly user friendly.

You can do a set search by year to pick out 1998 Topps Teks. He lists all the players for which he has patterns on two pages, by card number order. He mostly has cards of the common players with quantities for each ranging from 1 card to about 20. Has cards of 60 to 70 players in the '98 Tek set. No '98 Teks available of Ripken, Jeter, Griffey, McGwire, etc. None of Edgar, Mussina, Bags either. He does have a fair number of cards for some of the players folks on this board are collecting: Albert Belle (3), David Justice (7), Sandy Alomar (5), Ray Lankford (21), Gary Sheffield (21). All of these players' cards are listed at $1.00. You have to email him for the pattern numbers.

MansGame would have a 13.3% chance of hitting one of the four Albert's he needs. Not as good a chance as drawing on the river to an up-or-down straight or to a flush, but certainly worth an e-mail. The Sandy Alomar collector likely needs two of the five that this guy has. The Lankford collector may see Christmas in July!

Yeah I had never seen/heard of this site either, they had 4 RJ teks so I just went ahead & scooped them up. 26% chance I hit one of my 6 on mailday. Also had a 07M&M pattern I was lacking.

Members online

Latest posts