Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arod needs just 27 homers to tie Babe Ruth at 714. Will he do it this season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's hard to believe with all of the time that Arod missed because of the suspension and injuries, he is still only 27 home runs away from tying Babe Ruth with 714.

Arod hit 33 homers last season, so he definitely has a shot. But he'll be 41 and has that bad hip, and his hitting tapered in the last third of the season, probably due to age, fatigue and soreness.

So do you think Arod will reach or surpass Babe Ruth this season? Or was last season a fluke at age 40 because Arod was so defermined to prove himself?

And a more interesting question is, do you think the Yankess will play Arod enough to allow him to beat Ruth's total? The Yankees may not want him being associated with the Yankees legend.

Last edited:

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
I don't see it happening. My guess is he will really show his age this year.... my guess is he will be a pinch hitter by the all-star break.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
It's hard to believe with all of the time that Arod missed because of the suspension and injuries, he is still only 27 home runs away from tying Babe Ruth with 714.

Arod hit 33 homers last season, so he definitely has a shot. But he'll be 41 and has that bad hip, and his hitting tapered in the last third of the season, probably due to age, fatigue and soreness.

So do you think Arod will reach or surpass Babe Ruth this season? Or was last season a fluke at age 40 because Arod was so defermined to prove himself?

And a more interesting question is, do you think the Yankess will play Arod enough to allow him to beat Ruth's total? The Yankees may not want him being associated with the Yankees legend.

Watch him pass Barry too :D

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Pinch hitter? Why don't they just DH him all year?
They pretty much did that last season and he desereved the at bats based upon his production. My prediction is he will start off much slower this year and end up being platooned at dh or a bench player.

Flyers16

Aug 21, 2015
Ontario Canada
I didn't realize he was that close. I hate to admit it but he did have a very good 2015 season considering he missed all of the previous season.
I don't think he will duplicate 2015. My prediction is that he'll hit 20 homers. His playing time will decrease during the second half of the season. The Yankees will fall out of the pennant race and they'll play the youngsters to see what they have for the future.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
If Babe would have taken PEDs, I'm sure he would have hit more than 714 homers and AROD would still be a ways away from his mark. ;)

I would like to see AROD reach the 714 mark just so there is another court fight over the milestone portion of the contract. As for actually reaching it, I would consider Babe > AROD and not consider AROD's 714 homers totally legit.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Don't care.... To me, AROD (along with all the other confirmed PED users) should have all stats erased for each year he has confirmation of PED use.

Aaron is the all time HR King and Maris is the single season HR King.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Don't care.... To me, AROD (along with all the other confirmed PED users) should have all stats erased for each year he has confirmation of PED use.

1454300448692.jpg

I'm not a fan of PED users, either.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

I think it was Buster Olney or Rosenthal that had posted something to the effect of greenies being the peds of past generations. I think just like everything else in the world, we just have much more information about what's going on with our athletes. Look at Johnny Football, what in past generations would be considered nothing has him in a negative spotlight. I'm convinced any athlete in any generation did everything the could to get a leg up on the competition

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
With his deminished role and the possibility that the Yankees eat his 2017 contract I hought this was worth a bump.

I now think that he is unlikely to get to 714 and 700 might be tough.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
They are sitting him against Bartolo whom he has good stats. I don't see him around to much more.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online